Assembly after paint.

For two years the Eliminator roamed the streets looking for prey. Although you could get an engine available from Mercury in the Eliminator, the Cobra Jet 428 and Super Cobra Jet 428 were common under the hood. This was also the only Cougar to get the Boss 302. The Eliminator Registry is maintained by Dave Wyrwas.
Mike_B_SVT
Registered Member

Re: Assembly after paint.

Post by Mike_B_SVT »

cyclonelou wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 16:14 Add-the car we had was sold new @ Kitchen-Boyd L-M in Bakersfield,Ca.by the same salesman that sold our '69 Dan Gurney Special Spoiler to the original owner.K.-B. long ago absorbed by Jim Burke Ford in Bakersfield.
I thought the license plate help might as we had the black and yellow plate on ours.
Lou, I think this might answer your question...
08.jpg
9F91M581988_Marti_Report_#3.jpg
Orange 69 Owners.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike B.
CCOA # 9553

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior)
1 of 70 with 428SCJ, Ram Air, 4-speed.
Cat Bites Man!

Looking for an Eliminator? Then be sure to check out the "Eliminators on the Market" thread in the Classic Cougars For Sale section of the forum!
cyclonelou
Registered Member

Post by cyclonelou »

Mike-That's the car we owned back in the late '90's, early 2000's.
Thanks a million for finding what you did.
Eliminators,like other specialty cars, run in a small circle.
cyclonelou
Registered Member

Post by cyclonelou »

Mike-O.K. my wife would like to have that car back.Oh it would be a long shot but do you know where that car is and who owns it.You sure did have to dig to find the info you posted.Maybe you could find something again now that the VIN's known.
Mike_B_SVT
Registered Member

Post by Mike_B_SVT »

cyclonelou wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 23:15 Mike-O.K. my wife would like to have that car back.Oh it would be a long shot but do you know where that car is and who owns it.You sure did have to dig to find the info you posted.Maybe you could find something again now that the VIN's known.
I'll message you.
Mike B.
CCOA # 9553

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior)
1 of 70 with 428SCJ, Ram Air, 4-speed.
Cat Bites Man!

Looking for an Eliminator? Then be sure to check out the "Eliminators on the Market" thread in the Classic Cougars For Sale section of the forum!