XR7-G Hertz Value

I am thinking about going to look at an XR7-g Hertz car and I was wondering what it might be worth.

It seems to be a good honest driver quality #3 with one respray. It has a few small bubbles under the vinyl top at the back glass. The current owner has owned it for about 30 years.

I am just wondering if it would be worth going to look at.

Yes, every G is worth looking at. If all the correct G parts are on the car that will have a lot to do with value. What is the asking price?

He is asking 29k, but I am not sure how firm he is on that price.

If I bought it, I would probably drive it and take it to local shows. I am not sure I would do any restoration except for addressing the vinyl top.

I’ll second what Phillip said. If there is no other rust issues then yeah. $29,000 is a good price. No reason to think it’s not real, but get a Marti report. might want to contact Royce as well (G register). Royce Peterson roycegte@earthlink.net

I talked to the guy last night and everything he said was right. It has a 6 digit DSO Number, he has a lot of documentation.

He said the floors, torque boxes, and trunk turn-downs are good. The sunroof works.

One thing he said, is the door tag is a repro from Marti.

BigMatt. Did you look at and buy the car?

Yes, I bought the car. It is a super solid car with very minimal rust.

There was accident damage on the passenger rear and the driver door. The rest of the car was in great shape. It had been basically put away for 30 years so even though everything is nice, everything will need to be attended to.

I was able to get the price down to a reasonable level and brought it home that day. I have been doing some minor things to it, but I am going to start pulling the motor in a few weeks for a rebuild.

This one ended up selling for $20k which might have been a little under market value.

https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/1968-xr7g-for-sale/6628/1

$20K?

What is the value of a 390 G car, fully restored? Please back up your price with confirmed auction result or “known” private sales numbers, not just your best guess. Thanks!

The value is the price paid by one buyer to one owner for one particular car. Give me a description of your understanding of “fully restored” in 100 words or less please. It means many things to many people.

I can tell you the highest reported price for a sale of an XR7-G with 390 engine is about half what it cost to restore that particular car. Please give me a call if you want to discuss XR7-G value or pricing (two different subjects). I sent you my phone number via PM.

That is a great looking G Big Matt! Well kept, and that interior is gorgeous. The red center caps on your wheels would really Set It Off! I think you got a great deal.
Ray.

Thanks Ray. I have gone through the engine and engine bay so far. After that, it will need body and paint. At that time, I will do the vinyl top and headliner. It should be a really nice driver when I am done next year.