rocker moldings

If it's mechanical, electrical or just downright confusing, this is the place to find and share answers.
Hickey
Registered Member

rocker moldings

Post by Hickey »

Anyone here have experience with the repro rocker moldings? mine are pretty dinged up and doubt they could be made presentable again , at least not cost effectively.... but I've seen where the new ones come with new clips, etc.... although designed for a mustang, so one of the clips isnt the right contour, per WCCC's site.... What I'm wondering is will the repro moldings fit the OEM clips? I hate to have to take the clips off the car just to re install new ones in new holes......
Royce
Registered Member

Re: rocker moldings

Post by Royce »

I used them on the original clips. Working fine.
1968 GT-E XR-7 W code 427 Augusta Green / Saddle
1968 XR-7 R code 428CJ Ram Air Red / Black
1910 Model T Ford Touring Red / Black
1914 Model T Touring Maroon / Black
1915 Model T Ford Touring Black / Black
1917 Model T Ford Torpedo Runabout Green / Black
XR7-G Registrar
Don Rush
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Don Rush »

The correct clips are available as a stand alone. https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/c ... themeid=26
Hickey
Registered Member

Post by Hickey »

Royce wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 17:33 I used them on the original clips. Working fine.
thats what i was hoping. I don't want to drill out the factory rivets and have to install new ones if the factory clips will line up with the repro rockers and have no issues. I wish my stock ones werent as boogered up as they are but i cant go back and fix the prior owners LOL
Royce
Registered Member

Post by Royce »

The key to success with the rocker moldings is the forward clip that secures the rocker molding to the front fender. The rest of them need to be there too. It will fall off if the front one is not present and installed properly.

Hickey wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 11:03
Royce wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 17:33 I used them on the original clips. Working fine.
thats what i was hoping. I don't want to drill out the factory rivets and have to install new ones if the factory clips will line up with the repro rockers and have no issues. I wish my stock ones werent as boogered up as they are but i cant go back and fix the prior owners LOL
1968 GT-E XR-7 W code 427 Augusta Green / Saddle
1968 XR-7 R code 428CJ Ram Air Red / Black
1910 Model T Ford Touring Red / Black
1914 Model T Touring Maroon / Black
1915 Model T Ford Touring Black / Black
1917 Model T Ford Torpedo Runabout Green / Black
XR7-G Registrar

Return to “Classic Cougar Maintenance Restoration and Repair”