Which vinyl dye is the closest match for 2F Medium Saddle interior pieces?

If it's mechanical, electrical or just downright confusing, this is the place to find and share answers.
l&wfagan
Registered Member

Which vinyl dye is the closest match for 2F Medium Saddle interior pieces?

Post by l&wfagan »

I am trying to dye some of the original padded wind lace pieces out of our 1968 Cougar with the 2F Medium Saddle decor interior. They original parts have faded to an almost Ivy Green color.
I searched the forum previously and read that the SEM VP-5739 Medium Saddle was a good match. I ordered a can from NPD and after drying the color is more like pumpkin than saddle. There is no way that this color is a better match to the original medium saddle color.
Would you folks have any suggestions on which product to use that would at least be saddle in color?
Thanks,
-LF
cougar trim.jpg
cougar trim.jpg (86.25 KiB) Viewed 31 times
Last edited by l&wfagan on 12 Nov 2021, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
1968 Cougar
Augusta Green
Medium Saddle Interior
lonestarbullitt
Registered Member

Re: Which vinyl dye is the closet match for 2F Medium Saddle interior pieces?

Post by lonestarbullitt »

I've read over several threads and asked the question to others in the industry here and there and the answer seems to all be the same. Nobody makes a close color match and you're better off getting a custom batch mixed for best color matching results. That's why WCCC doesn't carry a Saddle dye in their inventory. I'm in the same boat switching my interior over to saddle and will be asking my local paint distributor to see if they can prepare some custom mixed SEM aerosol cans.
Texas Aggie C/O ‘10
-David

Return to “Classic Cougar Maintenance Restoration and Repair”