My Newly Purchased 1969 Cougar

This registry includes EVERY classic Cougar. Whether you Cougar is a coucours restoration, a rusty hulk or even just a door or data tag, reporting it here adds to what we know about what became of each and every Cougar. This Registry is Maintained by Phil Parcels.
grandaddy_3
Registered Member

My Newly Purchased 1969 Cougar

Post by grandaddy_3 »

Hello All I Just Joined A Couple Of Days Ago and bought A 1969 Cougar about A Month ago in West Virginia where it had sat inside a garage for the last 2 years. Before that the Original Owner had it in Maryland then sold it to the man in West Virginia the VIN # is 9F91H585716. The Car is Light Yellow with Tan Seats, has A 351 W/2V, Automatic Tranny, PS and AC. The Car has not been on the road for 28 years, I changed oil in it, pulled the plugs they were good and squirted tranny fluid in each plug hole before putting the plugs back in. A neighbor and I tried starting it but ran my jump box down and the neighbor tried his big battery charger on jump to try and start the car but he managed to burn my starter up. The floor pans are good and the quarters behind the rear tires are rusted off up about 2 inches. The bumpers front and back are rusty but I will decide what to do about that after I get the car running.
badcatt
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: My Newly Purchased 1969 Cougar

Post by badcatt »

Welcome to the madness.
Neal Jacobson.
1970 XR-7 White "Ginger"
1971 XR-7 Bright Blue with Blue "Up Beat" interior (For Sale)
1970 Standard 428CJ Competition Yellow The New Money Pit.
See ya on the hiways,
The political and commercial morals of the United States are not merely food for laughter,
they are an entire banquet
- Mark Twain -
Rickyracer1983
Registered Member

Post by Rickyracer1983 »

Old gas, and wet dist cap. Coil might not be to healthy and is still points/condensor, who knows.
grandaddy_3
Registered Member

Post by grandaddy_3 »

Thanks for the replies! The dist cap is dry coil is good but the points wire were mashed flat in one place by someone years ago but wire is not broke after I replace the starter might put in new points, rotor button and condenser.
69 R code XR7
Registered Member

Post by 69 R code XR7 »

Yea, I've got to agree with Neal, welcome to the madness!