GT-E XR7 At Mecum-Kissimmee

The GT-E was only available for a few brief months in 1968. Total production would not have kept the assembly line busy for more than a half day. If you know anything about a GT-E, it is important, and this is the place to share it. The GT-E registry is maintained by Jim Pinkerton.
Mike_B_SVT
Registered Member

Re: GT-E XR7 At Mecum-Kissimmee

Post by Mike_B_SVT »

Pirate wrote: 03 Apr 2021, 21:28
Mike_B_SVT wrote: 03 Apr 2021, 21:04
Pirate wrote: 03 Apr 2021, 13:03

What would they typically go for mind me asking?
Original unrestored SCJ, 4-speed matching numbers Eliminator? Difficult to say, since that's the first one I've ever seen cross the auction block, and they seldom come up for sale.
There was a nicely restored SCJ, Auto, matching numbers Eliminator that sold for $154k back in 2013.
There's a nicely restored SCJ, 4-speed, non-matching numbers Eliminator currently listed for sale for $110,995.

IMO, $100k was a good deal for that car. Where else are you going to find another one??
I do recall this video from WCCC at the 2013 Barrett Jackson auction of a 70 SCJ that went for 140k https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSTl_tTz_Wo
Yep! That's the one I mentioned at $154k (including auction fees).
Mike B.
CCOA # 9553

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior)
1 of 70 with 428SCJ, Ram Air, 4-speed.
Cat Bites Man!

Looking for an Eliminator? Then be sure to check out the "Eliminators on the Market" thread in the Classic Cougars For Sale section of the forum!
jsv
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GT-E XR7 At Mecum-Kissimmee

Post by jsv »

That 70 SCJ was my car that KTL restored. Tom drove the car on to the block. A moment I will never, ever forget. With tears in his eyes and both hands on the wheel, he looked at me and said he hoped this wasn't the last one he would do.

That was a very special day for a lot of reasons, many beyond the car itself. But I will tell you this- I did 12 straight hours of detailing everything I could find on that car before it went on the trailer. At these auctions, details matter.

That same auction, another 70 428 CJ sold for 50K. With 2K in details, it would have brought 10-15K more.