1968 1/2 'R' Code Cougar!

This registry includes EVERY classic Cougar. Whether you Cougar is a coucours restoration, a rusty hulk or even just a door or data tag, reporting it here adds to what we know about what became of each and every Cougar. This Registry is Maintained by Phil Parcels.
Don Rush
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: 1968 1/2 'R' Code Cougar!

Post by Don Rush »

I say do the brake job in the driveway one wheel at a time sitting on a milk crate! Super easy to do, parts are cheap and it only requires basic hand tools. I was helping one of my sons friends do brakes by flashlight in the driveway just last night on his 2006 Audi. I was not 100% sure we were doing it right but with the help of youtube we muddled through it. When we were done the kid was all smiles and stood taller. I doubt he will ever forget his first major repair on his first car after getting his drivers license 2 weeks ago.
dewgar428
Registered Member

Post by dewgar428 »

Hahaha... oh boy! A mechanic, I am not... but, I have been a auto body technician, having had my own business for over 25 years. So, perhaps next year, we'll handle transforming the Cougar back to it's original color... that will save my boy a healthy chunk of change! I do custom paint, sword striping, and specialize in the restoration of vintage tin... Here's a couple motorcycle tanks I did a couple years back... and the black car is a 61 Dodge Polara I bought out of a field in 2015 and redone...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don Rush
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Don Rush »

But... Your kid may have skills you do not. I say encourage him to try!
dewgar428
Registered Member

Post by dewgar428 »

My son got to drive the R Code yesterday for the first time... just up the road and back. It’s the first time the car has been driven under it’s own power in a very long time. He may take his drivers test in it... he only has his permit now... haha. Great day!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dewgar428
Registered Member

Post by dewgar428 »

My son restored his 1968, Ohio tags for the R Code.... Spring fever here in, Montana!
dewgar428
Registered Member

Post by dewgar428 »

Almost 60 degrees in N.W. Montana today... My son took me for a ride to, Lake Blaine... that smile says it all....