This is a Barn Find to beat all Barn Finds!

The GT-E was only available for a few brief months in 1968. Total production would not have kept the assembly line busy for more than a half day. If you know anything about a GT-E, it is important, and this is the place to share it. The GT-E registry is maintained by Jim Pinkerton.
Mike_B_SVT
Registered Member

Re: This is a Barn Find to beat all Barn Finds!

Post by Mike_B_SVT » 06 Mar 2018, 15:58

COUGARSHARK wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 14:50
You ever play Hockey
Some times people need to be Checked per say , or they will continue to do as they wish. Get it. Good
Yes, sometimes people do need to be "Checked"... especially when they are acting like a whiney B!tch!

Vultures? Give me a break! How many "secret sweet deals" are you sitting on yourself? How many hidden cars or rare parts are you holding out on sharing with the rest of us because you want first crack at it? We all have those nuggets tucked away in our back pocket.

Circle Jerk? Insulting people who put in the extra effort that keeps the Cougar community going, because you feel wronged that you didn't get told about a car? Or because you think someone was taken advantage of? No one twisted the seller's arm and made them take that check.

Shame on you. :newburn:
Mike B.
CCOA # 9553

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior)
1 of 70 with 428SCJ, Ram Air, 4-speed.
Cat Bites Man!

Looking for an Eliminator? Then be sure to check out the "Eliminators on the Market" thread in the Classic Cougars For Sale section of the forum!

scottfzeller
Registered Member

Post by scottfzeller » 06 Mar 2018, 16:11

Well said Mike.

Want to know my rarest part?.... a fine bottle of Cougar Cabernet, delivered to me by Don Rush for joining the 'circle' of Cougar enthusiast after buying my first CAT. I'm not holding out on sharing either - I would be honored to open this up with anyone in the Cougar Circle who stops by my house in Chicago!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott Zeller
1969 Cougar XR7
CCOA Member# 9559
ROTM December 2016:https://classiccougarcommunity.com/foru ... =33&t=7055
C.A.T.S. Classic Cougar Club - Club Services Director
http://www.catsccc.com

berns68
Registered Member

Post by berns68 » 06 Mar 2018, 16:20

scottfzeller wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 16:11
Well said Mike.

Want to know my rarest part?.... a fine bottle of Cougar Cabernet, delivered to me by Don Rush for joining the 'circle' of Cougar enthusiast after buying my first CAT. I'm not holding out on sharing either - I would be honored to open this up with anyone in the Cougar Circle who stops by my house in Chicago!
Scott, Only if the vintage is 1968. :roll: ;) ;) ;)
Mike

1968 Standard Hardtop, Nordic Blue
302 F code, updated to 4V
Originally 1 of 2
ROTM May 2014
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3854
C.A.T.S. Classic Cougar Club member #16-10
CCOA member #9618

xr7g428
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by xr7g428 » 06 Mar 2018, 16:41

COUGARSHARK consider yourself checked. You need a little time in the penalty box. You comments are completely unacceptable. Cool off for a month or so and then see if you can come back in a more civil way or just stay gone.

You have no idea what you are talking about. NONE.

First off the owner of the car was not listed in the registry BY THE OWNERS REQUEST. Do you know why? It is because they don't want to deal with people like you. Next, they asked their nephew, to help them with the car. He is the one that made all of the phone calls and ultimately made the deal to sell the car. He is in the video. He asked them what they wanted and presented the options. They got to make the decision without dealing with the public.

Jim doesn't flip Cougars. He has had innumerable opportunities. His history is well known.

The video was produced by Jerry Heasley. Obviously you don't know that name. He is a very highly regarded motorsports journalist and author. You might enjoy his book Jerry Heasley's Rare Finds: Mustangs & Fords What you are seeing isn't hype, it is a great story.

Cougar 1 has been owned by Jim since 1994. The restoration was completed in 1997. That is one very slow flip. Had he invested in Amazon back then he could own ALL of the Cougars now. And the current asking price has more to do with winning the National Automotive Heritage Award from the Historic Vehicle Association.
Bill Basore, Editor / Publisher
Legendary Cougar Magazine
Currently in the Cat House
'67 XR7 GT 390 4 speed, AC, AM FM, Lime Frost Green
'68 XR7-G 428CJ C6, Tilt-Away, AM, Black Cherry
'68 XR7-G 390 4 speed, Sunroof, Cardinal Red
'68 XR7 GT-E 427 C6 AM Cardinal Red
'68 XR7 resto mod 351W, soon to be AOD, Black Cherry

xr7g428
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by xr7g428 » 06 Mar 2018, 16:44

For clarity, I banned COUGARSHARK for 30 days. Thanks to all of you for being the better men and women. Opinions are great, but we will maintain a civil discourse here.
Bill Basore, Editor / Publisher
Legendary Cougar Magazine
Currently in the Cat House
'67 XR7 GT 390 4 speed, AC, AM FM, Lime Frost Green
'68 XR7-G 428CJ C6, Tilt-Away, AM, Black Cherry
'68 XR7-G 390 4 speed, Sunroof, Cardinal Red
'68 XR7 GT-E 427 C6 AM Cardinal Red
'68 XR7 resto mod 351W, soon to be AOD, Black Cherry

leonbray
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by leonbray » 06 Mar 2018, 16:47

COUGARSHARK wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 14:02

To all the Guys on here in the circle jerk Round Table, pull up your knee pads and get yourselves more napkins. Have at it. Sickening

Oh No - not the Round Table

Ni, ni, ni, ni, ni, ni

As the thread descends into absurdity, when there should be much rejoicing at the next phase in the story .... and at the first for Cougardom - one documented on YouTube

What next - another shrubbery

Whoops - should have read to the end of the thread before posting

Off to find some moistened bint lieing in the pond distributing pesos so I can afford to finish my 428 and sell it to Scott Taylor
Last edited by leonbray on 06 Mar 2018, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
Designed to be driven

scottfzeller
Registered Member

Post by scottfzeller » 06 Mar 2018, 16:52

berns68 wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 16:20
scottfzeller wrote:
Well said Mike.

Scott, Only if the vintage is 1968. :roll: ;) ;) ;)
HA! Doubtful!!!
Scott Zeller
1969 Cougar XR7
CCOA Member# 9559

preaction
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by preaction » 06 Mar 2018, 17:19

Bill, thanks for not locking the thread clearly that would have been the easy way to deal with COUGARSHARK, checking is what he asked for and received. I believe this thread has given us all a rare insight into transfer of ownership of middle to higher end cougars which all of us love and maybe aspire to own ourselves and for this reason I believe this thread a healthy conversation and debate, and best of all the people involved giving of their time to help us all to learn more about our chosen hobby.
67 XR7 6.5 liter auto AC tilt pdb ps thermactor vinyl roof console SS wheels lime frost

R Code
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by R Code » 06 Mar 2018, 18:41

scottfzeller wrote:
... a fine bottle of Cougar Cabernet, delivered to me by Don Rush for joining the 'circle' of Cougar enthusiast after buying my first CAT. I'm not holding out on sharing either - I would be honored to open this up with anyone in the Cougar Circle who stops by my house in Chicago!
Better be careful Scott, for 2 reasons:
1) That rare/special Cougar wine should be shared with the entire Cougar COMMUNITY, not just those in the circle (never figured you for an elitist).
2) My brother lives a town or two north of you. I might just swing by for a visit one of these days. :beerchug:
- Chris

1967 Std 4 speed conversion
1969 XR-7 "R Code" Convertible
1989 Merkur XR4Ti

scottfzeller
Registered Member

Post by scottfzeller » 06 Mar 2018, 20:11

R Code wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 18:41
scottfzeller wrote:
... a fine bottle of Cougar Cabernet, delivered to me by Don Rush for joining the 'circle' of Cougar enthusiast after buying my first CAT. I'm not holding out on sharing either - I would be honored to open this up with anyone in the Cougar Circle who stops by my house in Chicago!
Better be careful Scott, for 2 reasons:
1) That rare/special Cougar wine should be shared with the entire Cougar COMMUNITY, not just those in the circle (never figured you for an elitist).
2) My brother lives a town or two north of you. I might just swing by for a visit one of these days. :beerchug:
Yes, by circle I do mean everyone in the community! All are welcome in my CAT house!
Scott Zeller
1969 Cougar XR7
CCOA Member# 9559