looking for dealer emblems for my GT-Es

I agree with Randy…and would also suggest etsy.

And, this is the voice of experience talking…be patient. I wanted dealer license plate frames from the original selling dealer of my Cougar, Marin Bay Lincoln Mercury in San Rafael, CA, and it took me a good 15 years of solid looking to find them. And once I did (NOS including a paper plate, what a bonus!) at a swap meet, they now seem to show up on eBay on a regular basis.

Good luck!

What is etsy?

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

It is an online marketplace where you can set up your own store.

But it is mostly for handmade, antique, artsy-craftsy types of items.

Here is a link to my Etsy store, where I mostly sell the vintage costume jewelry that my mother collected and left me.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MarySuesJewels?ref=search_shop_redirect

• Phillip

Thanks for the additional information Phillip. I see your mother also collected GTE posters.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Kinda sticks out like a sore thumb don’t it :smiley:

• Phillip

Yeah, one of these things is not like the others.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

LOL! I will be adding more collectible auto related items soon.

Phillip

Any chance you can change the car on the poster from red to blue? Just kidding.

Thank you Guys,

i tryed ebay since many years, also have ebay search alarms set, send emails to Local car Clubs but reply is very few. Swap meet is still impossible, since i am in Germany.

Hope someone here have on in Emblem box? :wink:

Jo-E

Now that’s priceless. Comment of the day! :thumbup:
Steven

Have you tried contacting old salvage yards in Marys PA and Indianapolis IN?

Carlton,
You can purchase the new GTE shirt that Phillip designed for the CCOA. That shirt has a blue GTE on it. But it is an XR-7 and has all the proper bolts and screws turned to the proper position so it still will not 100% match your car. Sorry, I could not resist. LOL

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Well Randy, I already have that shirt, but mine is not ripped at the collar like some people do, wink wink. See you under the big tent AFS CW

Guys, PLEASE can you discuss Posters and Shirts in another thread?
Thank you

That’s seems a little RUDE

Our Cougar was sold at Stanford Lincoln Mercury in Menlo Park, CA. I found a good paper plate and a fair, scratched up metal license plate frame on Ebay. I am always on the look out for a better license plate frame. I just love owning a Cougar!

I have been looking for a couple myself. Ginger was ordered by Kline Motors in Everett WA. Kline later became and still is a Honda dealer the Ford part became Bryan motors. My Convertible is from Beverly Hills Mercury in Beverly Hills CA and my Q code 70 is from Dick Anderson Ford Mercury in Medera CA.
It’s funny at the local swap meets IF anyone has dealer license trim rings they are usually for out of state dealers. But so far I have not found these 3, My 71 had trim rings from the selling dealer on it. Olympic Mercury in Seattle. Still had the original license plates and under 20+ years of yearly tags the original 71 tag.
Back to the original topic, I will add the dealers you are looking for to my list of items to keep my eyes out for.

I think that the best places to find original dealer items is at wrecking yards and flea markets that are local to where the dealer was located.

I suspect doing that would be quite a haul for most of us - it sure would be for me. Lucky for me my Cougar was sold new at Gable Lincoln-Mercury in Coral Gables Florida, so I might have better luck talking my family into making a vacation out of it! Would be fun, I love “junking”.

Oh, and Carlton, if you can make it to the DCC picnic at Ralph’s next month, I’ll bring you a poster and a t-shirt :smiley:

• Phillip

why?
I opened a thread asking for Emblems. Not Posters or T-Shirts.
Its not nice to hijack a thread for other main focus. :naughty:
and I say “PLEASE” ! :wink:

Jo-E

Also looking for Townsend Lincoln Mercury. San Diego CA open till 2006
License plate frame or ? Key f.o.b.

Eight zero one 6 double nine fifty fourty nine
Thanks
MIke