Show us your diecast Cougar!

I’ve seen several of this same car, but with a different paint job:

They call it a '68, but they forgot the side markers.

Starting to put some of the diecast together. There is another case to the left that will contain the 68’s

Just built a display for my 69 and 70 1:18th diecast

Wow!

There is a seller in the UK that sometimes offers this Cougar along with a copy of a James Bond type magazine that has the Cougar on the cover.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

You can find a 1967 resin conversion kit. They show up on ebay from time to time usually in the $40 range plus shipping. You will need to use one of the newer 1969 kits for some of the parts to complete the model.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

In case you haven’t seen them, I helped put together some special edition CCOA die cast Cougars in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the '68s.

They came out really nice - you can order them here: Cougar Club Store

Not a diecast, but still pretty cool I think…

^^^ those tin Bump’ N Go’s are fun - and you’ve got the box which is really cool.

• Phillip

Yeah…that, and a little '70 Eliminator diecast car are the only “action models” I have. I didn’t post a pic of the Eliminator because all these other collections just blow me away. Can’t compete… :open_mouth:

So the 70 Eliminator you have is an “action model”? What does it do? I am not placing that toy. A photo would be a big help. Thanks.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Ha! It’s just a regular diecast like all the rest. Had to tell my wife that it wasn’t a “toy”, it is an “action model”. Sort of like how “action figures” aren’t “dolls”…

Okay so I understand now the “action model” part. I am still not sure what diecast you have of a 70 Eliminator. I know of quite a few 69 Eliminator diecast and I know of a few 70 diecast, but not any 70 Eliminator diecast. Unless you have one of the 1/18th scale 70 Eliminators. Is that what you have? Or something different?

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

It’s actually just a Christmas tree ornament made by Hallmark…

Very nice. That is one that I was not aware of. How many years ago did you get it? What scale is it? Thank you for sharing.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

It has a 2015 date of manufacture on it, but no confirmation of scale. It’s what I would call “normal” size - same as any other small diecast car seen here in the previous posts.

I have one. I would say it is about 1/32 or so. About 2 time the size of a Hot Wheels car. They do show up on Ebay from time to time.

Those look great. I stripped the paint off one of mine and cleared the zamac. I also shaved the front spoiler and the side exhaust pipes on the one pictured here. I have a few others that I’m painting as well, as the Redline ones went on clearance at King Soopers quite a while ago for the price of a regular Hot Wheels car.

^^^ Great job!

I have plans to customize some of my die cast eventually - maybe when I retire :slight_smile:

• Phillip

I was just on ebay and found a couple dozen currently listed. I hit the BIN on one so I now have one coming. For those looking it is a 2015 Hallmark ornament. Thanks for posting the photo of this car and for all the additional information.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95