I wasn't prepared for this

This is the place for your Cougar adventure stories. Do you drive your Classic Cougar? Tell us about it!
BAust
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: I wasn't prepared for this

Post by BAust » 17 Apr 2015, 10:05

I'm always amazed at the number of random women at car shows and cruise-ins that tell the tale of the year she and her husband "almost bought" a Cougar but was downvoted by the significant other for some other Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger..the ladies REALLY loved the Cougar back in the day. And many are going ahead and getting one now.

It was really a treat to sell my '68 White car to a 66 year old lady last year..she had this exact story and was not going to be denied, and she was planning on the car being her daily driver. She basically had to wait for her husband to die, but she seemed to think it was worth it ;)

Jeff Bingaman said she was at the Prowl with the car last Summer. That's just awesome.
Brian Aust

1967 XR-7 GT 4 Speed

1968 GT-E XR7

CatVert68
Registered Member

Post by CatVert68 » 18 Apr 2015, 08:19

BAust wrote:She basically had to wait for her husband to die, but she seemed to think it was worth it ;)
This is why my wife pretty much gets whatever she wants. I'm worth too much to her dead to give her any more incentives! Fortunately, she isn't really a material girl. She likes her money in the bank, not in things.
======
CCOA Member 8302

1968 Cougar XR-7 GT, Madras Blue & Parchment w/ Parchment vinyl top
1969 Corvette L-48 4-speed LeMans Blue over Bright Blue

mo2872
Registered Member

Post by mo2872 » 18 Apr 2015, 11:36

CatVert68 wrote:
BAust wrote:She basically had to wait for her husband to die, but she seemed to think it was worth it ;)
This is why my wife pretty much gets whatever she wants. I'm worth too much to her dead to give her any more incentives! Fortunately, she isn't really a material girl. She likes her money in the bank, not in things.

It may be possible our wives are relatives. Mine doesn't like jewelry, flowers, OR shopping.
T3
Yup, that guy, the hooligan.

Somewhere out there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. I think you owe it an apology.

9F91H581221
Registered Member

Post by 9F91H581221 » 18 Apr 2015, 11:51

It's funny when they say "is that the Dukes of Hazzard car?"

Cougars_R_Grr8
Registered Member

Post by Cougars_R_Grr8 » 19 Apr 2015, 00:12

Mine thinks Taco Bell and a thimble of beer is a night on the town. :D
'68 Standard Cougar - 302 4v J Code 4 spd (1 of 536) *SOLD*
'73 F250 XLT Ranger - 390 *Also SOLD*
'63 F100 Stepside - *NEW PROJECT*
'14 Camaro SS vert

badcatt
Registered Member

Post by badcatt » 19 Apr 2015, 10:58

mo2872 wrote:
CatVert68 wrote:

It may be possible our wives are relatives. Mine doesn't like jewelry, flowers, OR shopping.
You guys have great wives. My X couldn't understand how there was no money when she still had checks left in the check book.
Neal Jacobson.
1970 XR-7 White "Ginger"
1970 XR-7 Convertible Blue
1971 XR-7 Bright Blue with Blue "Up Beat" interior
1970 Standard 428CJ Competition Yellow The New Money Pit.
See ya on the hiways,
The political and commercial morals of the United States are not merely food for laughter,
they are an entire banquet
- Mark Twain -

Mike_B_SVT
Registered Member

Post by Mike_B_SVT » 20 Apr 2015, 13:00

mo2872 wrote:
CatVert68 wrote:

Mine too! Unfortunately, she thinks that I should live the same way... "why do you need to buy that car part?"

Funny, we had to go in to the bank to update our profile data and we both joked that it was our first "date" together without the kid in a long time, "Don't say I never take you anywhere!" LOL!
Mike B.
CCOA # 9553

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior)
1 of 70 with 428SCJ, Ram Air, 4-speed.
Cat Bites Man!

Looking for an Eliminator? Then be sure to check out the "Eliminators on the Market" thread in the Classic Cougars For Sale section of the forum!

mo2872
Registered Member

Post by mo2872 » 20 Apr 2015, 13:03

Mike_B_SVT wrote:It may be possible our wives are relatives. Mine doesn't like jewelry, flowers, OR shopping.
Mine too! Unfortunately, she thinks that I should live the same way... "why do you need to buy that car part?"
[/quote]

ROFL, here also.

My standard response: "Because if I didn't spend some of it, we'd NEVER SPEND A DIME!".....
T3

Somewhere out there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. I think you owe it an apology.

CatVert68
Registered Member

Post by CatVert68 » 20 Apr 2015, 14:02

My wife is of Scottish heritage and her parents were very conservative, financially. So I call her my "cheap Scottish miser" because sometimes she'll be frugal to the point of costing us more than if we'd spent the right money up front. She likes to shop; she just doesn't like to buy. When she knows she needs to buy, she wants to feel like she got the best possible deal. She's got the analysis paralysis thing down pat.
======
CCOA Member 8302

1968 Cougar XR-7 GT, Madras Blue & Parchment w/ Parchment vinyl top
1969 Corvette L-48 4-speed LeMans Blue over Bright Blue

mo2872
Registered Member

Post by mo2872 » 20 Apr 2015, 14:14

Analysis paralysis......love it!!!!
T3