Replacing XR7-G dual exhaust - 390GT

Make your Cougar run faster, handle better, and jump higher... okay maybe not jump higher. If you feel the need for speed, this is the place.
Zogman
Registered Member

Re: Replacing XR7-G dual exhaust - 390GT

Post by Zogman » 25 Feb 2018, 21:43

Phillip I also have a full set of Rader wheels that I am going to put on my G when its done. I was also thinking of having them re-rimmed with something wider. I would interested to see what you end up doing.

Car looks great. Is that Bill's old car?
70 XR7 Vert Eliminator Clone
(2) 68 Hertz XR7-G's (Red & Yeller)
68 XR7 J code Sunroof
67 plain jane
06 Z06 Daily driver

propayne
Registered Member

Post by propayne » 26 Feb 2018, 07:09

^^^ Yes, t'was Mr. Basore's - Bill had actually sold it to someone else who'm I purchased it from in 2015.

The Raders that I have, I scored from a salvage yard in Washington State that specializes in vintage mags. Mine are actually 15" x 6", so they were not originally from a G. Centers are identical though, so I could have them redone to look stock. You can see where some of the rivets inside the rims (that hold the aluminum center to the rim) have been sealed to stop the wheels from leaking air, which was a big problem with Raders and a part of the recall.

The gentleman I spoke with at the yard I got them from told me the wheels had been on a car and used for many years and that he personally wouldn't have a problem putting tires on them and running them as-is.

I've learned a lot researching the history of the Raders and piecing together what I need to complete them (with the help of Scott Ferguson). When I get a chance I think I'll start a thread on Rader wheels over on the G Registry section of this forum.

- Phillip

Zogman
Registered Member

Post by Zogman » 26 Feb 2018, 22:26

Awesome Phillip. Mine are 15" x 6" as well. Looking forward to hearing how you attach this.
70 XR7 Vert Eliminator Clone
(2) 68 Hertz XR7-G's (Red & Yeller)
68 XR7 J code Sunroof
67 plain jane
06 Z06 Daily driver