Free Stuff? Are you kidding?

IF there was ever any doubt that this is a real community, get this: Don Rush of West Coast Classic Cougars asked for a forum where he could GIVE stuff away: FREE! And you know, there is a lot of stuff floating around that I think we would all like to see go to a good home rather than to the land fill. I know that my garage contains a few items that I would like to find a new home. So post your FREE stuff here!
xr7g428
Site Admin
Site Admin

Free Stuff? Are you kidding?

Post by xr7g428 » 29 Nov 2011, 21:19

IF there was ever any doubt that this is a real community, get this: Don Rush of West Coast Classic Cougars asked for a forum where he could GIVE stuff away: FREE!

And you know, there is a lot of stuff floating around that I think we would all like to see go to a good home rather than to the land fill.

I know that my garage contains a few items that I would like to find a new home. So post your FREE stuff here!

So here is the one rule for this area: Free means free. No free parts with inflated $$$ shipping and handling charges.
Bill Basore, Editor / Publisher
Legendary Cougar Magazine
Currently in the Cat House
'67 XR7 GT 390 4 speed, AC, AM FM, Lime Frost Green
'68 XR7-G 428CJ C6, Tilt-Away, AM, Black Cherry
'68 XR7-G 390 4 speed, Sunroof, Cardinal Red
'68 XR7 GT-E 427 C6 AM Cardinal Red
'68 XR7 resto mod 351W, soon to be AOD, Black Cherry

mo2872
Registered Member

Re: Free Stuff? Are you kidding?

Post by mo2872 » 29 Nov 2011, 23:36

Bonkers, Bill, bonkers. Don't know how you expect me to make any Christmas cash with "no free parts with inflated shipping charges" being a restriction! I mean, honestly, what am I supposed to do with all those "leftover" parts I couldn't remember where they went?? :wtf:

It's discrimination, I tell ya! :lol:

Way cool, Don!
T3
Yup, that guy, the hooligan.

Somewhere out there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. I think you owe it an apology.

desertdave55
Registered Member

Post by desertdave55 » 30 Nov 2011, 01:09

mo2872 wrote:Bonkers, Bill, bonkers. Don't know how you expect me to make any Christmas cash with "no free parts with inflated shipping charges" being a restriction! I mean, honestly, what am I supposed to do with all those "leftover" parts I couldn't remember where they went?? :wtf:

It's discrimination, I tell ya! :lol:

Way cool, Don!
I have to agree with T3. All these restrictions being placed on all of the Cougar forums, it's just not right. However, Bill only mentioned 'shipping' and 'handling' fees. So 'processing' fees should still be OK. Hmmmm.......time for me to post some 'free' parts...... :whistle:

mo2872
Registered Member

Post by mo2872 » 30 Nov 2011, 08:20

AHA!!! "Processing" fees........by jove, I think you've got it! LMAO.
T3

Somewhere out there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. I think you owe it an apology.

Al Bundy
Registered Member

Post by Al Bundy » 30 Nov 2011, 08:26

Is this exclusively for Cougar parts or would it be OK to offer mother in laws? I will ship for free.
1974 Dodge Dart - daily driver
1963 Thunderbird Z code - raven black/red
1968 XR7 F code - diamond blue/blue
1968 XR7 J code - black/red
1968 J code - madras blue/aqua
1968 XR7 X code - lime frost/dark ivy gold
1968 GT-E XR7 W code prototype no. 500033 - cardinal red/black

mo2872
Registered Member

Post by mo2872 » 30 Nov 2011, 08:42

So long as your MIL bears no resemblance to SoCal's brother in law, then I think you are fine.........and if she does.....*shudder*....PLEASE, post no pictures of said product!!!!
T3

Local Hero
Registered Member

Post by Local Hero » 30 Nov 2011, 10:18

I tried giving away all the stuff I didn't re-use on the Hero over on that "other" board. I had the complete stock HVAC system, door handles that were really nice, and a host of other things. NOBODY wanted ANY of it. Finally a guy stepped up and said "I'll take it." So I nicely packaged everything in three boxes and shipped them one at a time while fronting the costs just because, contrary to what some believe, that's the kind of guy I am.

After the third box arrived at its destination, the guy bitched about the total cost. Mind you it was barely over a Benjamin. Something like $105... and the idiot shorted me on the check he wrote.

But rant over....

That's nice of you Don to want to help out the Community like that. I don't need anything right now. But will be interested to see what guys put up on the page.
Mark
Buckeye Boys Rod & Custom - East
Anyone can restore a classic... it takes a real man to cut one up.

1967 S Code
Registered Member

Post by 1967 S Code » 30 Nov 2011, 19:42

Wow this place gets better all of the time. Don a thanks goes out to you for doing stuff like this. :thumbup:
Steven

Our Cougars

1967 Standard
Dan Gurney Special

6.5 Litre, Black / Black, AC Whisperaire, Am/FM, Sports Console,
Front and Rear Bumper Guards, Clock

1968 XR7-G
302 4V, Lime Frost / Black Leather, AM/FM, Black Vinyl, Tilt-A-Way
Heavy Duty Suspension, Power Disc Brakes, Rader Wheels

1968 XR7-G Hertz
390 4V, Black Cherry/ Dark Red Leather, Black Vinyl, Sunroof, Tilt-A-Way,
Cruise, Rear Defrost, AC Whisperaire

1968 Convertible Conversion "Top Cat"
Standard, 302 4V, XR7G Console, XR7G Front Valance, XR7S Taillight Bars

68RcodeXR7ASC
Registered Member

Post by 68RcodeXR7ASC » 01 Dec 2011, 13:19

Great idea for a thread. I've tossed parts in the trash in the past since nobody wanted them, now I'll try here first!
Tim Simonelli
S.E. Michigan

JoeC
Registered Member

Post by JoeC » 12 Oct 2014, 01:58

Nuthin better than free stuff, especially free Cougar stuff! Here is a free episode of Velocity Quest that features the Cougar and Don Rush!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJIBRAo4TY