68 standard, restromod driver?

From dusty barn find to daily driver, it seems our cars are never really done. This is the place to share your progress on your project car. We will celebrate your victories and commiserate over your tragedies. But most of all this is a great place to learn!
mfc133
Registered Member

Re: 68 standard, restromod driver?

Post by mfc133 »

Nice job! I imagine it's much more fun to drive now with the 4-spd. Plus the money you saved can go to other areas of the car. I've been looking into a T5 swap myself and it definitely has become a costly endeavor.
-Mike

1968 Cougar Standard, 302 4V, auto, Madras Blue

DieselD
Registered Member

Post by DieselD »

mfc133 wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 17:18
Nice job! I imagine it's much more fun to drive now with the 4-spd. Plus the money you saved can go to other areas of the car. I've been looking into a T5 swap myself and it definitely has become a costly endeavor.
It certainly is more fun and it just feels right. The 3 spd always felt mismatched for the engine. The 4spd is definitely a better match.

You have an auto so that adds to more expense and work to do the T5 swap, maybe an AOD is something to consider? Then again swapping to an AOF might be just a costly as the T5?
1968 Standard, 302 2v, 3 speed.
Work in progress...

pellets4fuel
Registered Member

Post by pellets4fuel »

Good work D. Glad you got that pilot bearing thing worked out. I recall mine doing something similar to that once I got to driving it. I had put rebuilt motor in it, new clutch, tranny, etc. Then it sat for years only getting pulled out occasionally to work on things and never really driven. Once I did get it done and started driving it the clutch was acting goofy. I guess I attributed it to surface rust on machined parts. It eventually has squared itself away. I should pull the cover at some point and do a visual.
Hey you need to change your signature line now :)
David Siedschlag
#16306 1967 Lime Frost S-code, Ivy gold interior built 11-1-66
3.25 Limited slip, 4-speed. Courtesy lights, sports console, whisper-aire, AM-8track, deluxe belts.
1989 Toyota truck, woodgas powered
22re 4x4