Data base info?

This registry includes EVERY classic Cougar. Whether you Cougar is a coucours restoration, a rusty hulk or even just a door or data tag, reporting it here adds to what we know about what became of each and every Cougar. This Registry is Maintained by Phil Parcels.
Registered Member

Re: Data base info?

Post by Mike_B_SVT » 11 Sep 2015, 11:18

Welcome aboard Chris / ClassicCat1968!

Post some pics when you get a chance ~ we love to see the cars in any condition, so don't be shy :-)
Mike B.
CCOA # 9553

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior)
1 of 70 with 428SCJ, Ram Air, 4-speed.
Cat Bites Man!

Looking for an Eliminator? Then be sure to check out the "Eliminators on the Market" thread in the Classic Cougars For Sale section of the forum!

Registered Member

Post by ClassicCat1968 » 11 Sep 2015, 12:42

Thanks for the information. So does that make my car a legitamate Dan Gurney Special? Would I have to have dealer paperwork to "prove" it? I have the wheel covers, but the sticker remnants were cleaned off the car, per the owners comments. I like the sticker, saw it reproduced, would it be wrong to put it back in...Additionally, who is the best sources for parts, in your opinion. My interior is ARIZONA cooked. Body is very solid, but the interior is like powder, dash etc smoked. Needs lots of help. I am having it shipped home to Delaware. can't wait to see it in person. cant wait to drive it around before old man winter comes around.

Thanks for any advice and assistance. I am a newbie, so expert advice is very welcome. Cat fever........I feel it.

Registered Member

Post by Messenger » 11 Sep 2015, 13:24

Welcome. I don't think the "Dan Gurney Special" package makes your car more or less valuable/desirable. For 1968 it was wheel covers and a decal. Reproduction stickers are available and you can certainly put one on your car. What are your plans for the car? Restoration?

As for parts, check with Randy Goodling in Pennsylvania (see post #3 above)...
CCOA #9179
1967 Cougar, 302-2v