Blocked IP's?

Tell us what you think! This forum is here to serve the Cougar hobby, we need your help to make it better.
Mike_B_SVT
Registered Member

Blocked IP's?

Post by Mike_B_SVT » 16 Mar 2016, 10:24

Hey Fellahs,

Recently (within the last 5-7 days) started having a problem where I cannot visit the classic cougar community site from home. Works fine here at work, but I get a "page not available" when I try to visit in the evenings from home.

Not sure if something changed on your end, possibly blocking IPs due to spam or hack attempts? (I swear, it wasn't me... as far as I know).

Thanks,

Mike B.
Mike B.
CCOA # 9553

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior)
1 of 70 with 428SCJ, Ram Air, 4-speed.
Cat Bites Man!

Looking for an Eliminator? Then be sure to check out the "Eliminators on the Market" thread in the Classic Cougars For Sale section of the forum!

jays
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blocked IP's?

Post by jays » 16 Mar 2016, 10:58

Hi Mike,

If your IP were blocked, you should see a 403 forbidden error rather than a "page not available" message, which normally occurs when there is a connection problem somewhere between your computer and the server, but PM me with your home IP address and I can verify that you aren't blocked.
Allergic to Cats

Mike_B_SVT
Registered Member

Post by Mike_B_SVT » 16 Mar 2016, 14:41

Thanks Jay, I'll try to get it to you tomorrow. I'll also fiddle around at home tonight and see if I can get to the bottom of it :-/
Mike B.
CCOA # 9553

Cat Bites Man!

Looking for an Eliminator? Then be sure to check out the "Eliminators on the Market" thread in the Classic Cougars For Sale section of the forum!

jays
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jays » 16 Mar 2016, 15:20

Sounds good. You can get your main IP easily using What's My IP if you need it.
Allergic to Cats

Mike_B_SVT
Registered Member

Post by Mike_B_SVT » 17 Mar 2016, 20:36

Well, I'm typing this from home this evening, so whatever was not quite right has resolved itself. I didn't do anything to fix the issue.
But I am logged into the company VPN for some work this evening, so that might explain why I can reach CCC tonight...

Thanks for your help jays :-)
Mike B.
CCOA # 9553

Cat Bites Man!

Local Hero
Registered Member

Post by Local Hero » 18 Mar 2016, 08:28

I've been having the same problem only reversed. I can get in at home but not at work. At first I thought that work decided to block the site. But I'm able to get in on a lab machine, just not on my assigned laptop.
Mark
Buckeye Boys Rod & Custom - East
Anyone can restore a classic... it takes a real man to cut one up.

jays
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jays » 18 Mar 2016, 09:51

Mike_B_SVT wrote:Well, I'm typing this from home this evening, so whatever was not quite right has resolved itself. I didn't do anything to fix the issue.
But I am logged into the company VPN for some work this evening, so that might explain why I can reach CCC tonight...

Thanks for your help jays :-)
It could be the problem has gone away, but it certainly could be working because you're using a VPN. It will be interesting to see if you can still access the site without going in through the VPN.
Allergic to Cats

jays
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jays » 18 Mar 2016, 09:54

Local Hero wrote:I've been having the same problem only reversed. I can get in at home but not at work. At first I thought that work decided to block the site. But I'm able to get in on a lab machine, just not on my assigned laptop.
When you say "the same problem," are you seeing a "page not available message" from work or a "403 forbidden" message? You may be behind a proxy server at work, which can make things interesting.
Allergic to Cats

Local Hero
Registered Member

Post by Local Hero » 18 Mar 2016, 13:54

I was getting "page not available." But like Mike, the problem seems to have gone away this afternoon. I'm replying now on the machine I couldn't get it on all week.

Actually, I was able to get into the site, and click on "new posts" and have the list of threads come up come up. But when I'd click a thread, I'd get the error instead of it opening.
Mark
Buckeye Boys Rod & Custom - East
Anyone can restore a classic... it takes a real man to cut one up.

mo2872
Registered Member

Post by mo2872 » 18 Mar 2016, 13:55

Local Hero wrote:I was getting "page not available." But like Mike, the problem seems to have gone away this afternoon. I'm replying now on the machine I couldn't get it on all week.

Actually, I was able to get into the site, and click on "new posts" and have the list of threads come up come up. But when I'd click a thread, I'd get the error instead of it opening.

In your case........PBTKAS error, I'd guess......... :lol:
T3
Yup, that guy, the hooligan.

Somewhere out there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. I think you owe it an apology.