2015 State of the ClassicCougarCommunity.Com

Tell us what you think! This forum is here to serve the Cougar hobby, we need your help to make it better.
70b302cat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: 2015 State of the ClassicCougarCommunity.Com

Post by 70b302cat » 23 Jan 2015, 18:41

xr7g428 wrote:What about posting links. I got a phone call from an individual that prefers to remain unknown asking for the ability to hide the link and to insert a highlighted phrase instead. Is this something that you folks would use?
Bill,

Do you mean like some of us already do?

SDP B2

/\ example above /\
Dave

Eliminator Registrar eliminator@cougarclub.org
Mercury Cougar Eliminator Registry

CCOA # 7558
CCNE # 08

70 Convertible 351C 4V Close ratio
70 Cyclone Spoiler 429 SCJ 4 speed Drag Pak
70 Eliminator B302 4V Close ratio
70 Eliminator B302 4V Wide ratio Super Drag Pak Cat
70 Eliminator 428 SCJ 4 speed Drag Pak
85 Capri ASC McClaren 5.0 5 speed

xr7g428
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by xr7g428 » 25 Jan 2015, 11:23

Yes, the board supports the code, but you have to do it yourself. If you hover over the URL radio button, it displays both versions of the code.
Bill Basore, Editor / Publisher
Legendary Cougar Magazine
Currently in the Cat House
'67 XR7 GT 390 4 speed, AC, AM FM, Lime Frost Green
'68 XR7-G 428CJ C6, Tilt-Away, AM, Black Cherry
'68 XR7-G 390 4 speed, Sunroof, Cardinal Red
'68 XR7 GT-E 427 C6 AM Cardinal Red
'68 XR7 resto mod 351W, soon to be AOD, Black Cherry

DeadStang
Registered Member

Post by DeadStang » 29 Jan 2015, 20:37

70b302cat wrote:
xr7g428 wrote:What about posting links. I got a phone call from an individual that prefers to remain unknown asking for the ability to hide the link and to insert a highlighted phrase instead. Is this something that you folks would use?
Bill,

Do you mean like some of us already do?

SDP B2

/\ example above /\
I always wondered how people do that...I obviously am not one of the majorly computer literate members, although I can usually manage to post pictures--not always.

Like Mike, I frequent about 4 forums daily and post specific questions in different places depending upon relevance, since there is a lot of cross-reference-ability between my Cougars and my Mustangs. It depends upon what I'm trying to do--sometimes I just post on the FE Forum, as there the car doesn't matter, it's just the engine. I always come here for Cougar stuff and hit the other Cougar Forum maybe once a month. I am always signed in when I come and rarely am bumped off, but I've bookmarked the Forum page, so maybe that's why? The only thing I don't like about this Forum is the inability to "mark all topics as read," which I do from time to time on my other Forums...otherwise, this seems to be a good format to me.

I think member participation tends to wax and wane, depending on time of year and what projects are underway. Some of us are hibernating while it rains...during these times, I find that I spend more posting time on the off-topic areas where I "hang" out than anywhere else. I still read and follow technical stuff every day, but I don't have much to say when I'm not going out to the garage. Others have broken engines (also me) and are trying to psyche up to do something about it and also have nothing productive to add until something changes. I personally try to exercise restraint and not be a post whore by creating threads just to talk to hear myself talk, although frequently I do want to post pictures of my car and gush about how much I like it with nothing of note to actually say--so I refrain; I think FB is the place where people tend to do that, which is why it's so popular.

mo2872
Registered Member

Post by mo2872 » 29 Jan 2015, 23:49

DeadStang wrote:I think member participation tends to wax and wane, depending on time of year and what projects are underway. Some of us are hibernating while it rains...during these times, I find that I spend more posting time on the off-topic areas where I "hang" out than anywhere else. I still read and follow technical stuff every day, but I don't have much to say when I'm not going out to the garage. Others have broken engines (also me) and are trying to psyche up to do something about it and also have nothing productive to add until something changes. I personally try to exercise restraint and not be a post whore by creating threads just to talk to hear myself talk, although frequently I do want to post pictures of my car and gush about how much I like it with nothing of note to actually say--so I refrain; I think FB is the place where people tend to do that, which is why it's so popular.

I think this paragraph says a lot. And the highlighted part even more.
T3
Yup, that guy, the hooligan.

Somewhere out there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. I think you owe it an apology.

Mike_B_SVT
Registered Member

Post by Mike_B_SVT » 30 Jan 2015, 00:10

DeadStang wrote:I personally try to exercise restraint and not be a post whore by creating threads just to talk to hear myself talk, although frequently I do want to post pictures of my car and gush about how much I like it with nothing of note to actually say--so I refrain; I think FB is the place where people tend to do that, which is why it's so popular.
Kim, that's what the "Project" section of the forum is for. It's like an excuse to post pics and gush about things that are trivial to everyone else except you, LOL! But by keeping it all in one thread you don't feel like a post ho. That's what I try to do, anyhow :whistle:

Sorry for getting off topic.
Mike B.
CCOA # 9553

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior)
1 of 70 with 428SCJ, Ram Air, 4-speed.
Cat Bites Man!

Looking for an Eliminator? Then be sure to check out the "Eliminators on the Market" thread in the Classic Cougars For Sale section of the forum!

CATHOUSE
Registered Member

Post by CATHOUSE » 30 Jan 2015, 08:06

DeadStang wrote: Some of us are hibernating while it rains...
If all I had to deal with was rain I would never hibernate. It's this PITA white crap that messes me up here. In fact I soon need to head out to shovel again. I have never needed to shovel rain.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

G Dub
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by G Dub » 29 Dec 2015, 22:58

G Dub wrote: I haven't been to the other Cougar site since all the BS was going on a few years back. Probably missing out on a lot of good info, but just no desire to go there at this time. This site is working fine for me.

G Dub
Stopped by the other site. 16700 posts, and 1980 threads since my last visit. :o

xr7g428
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by xr7g428 » 30 Dec 2015, 18:01

I have some sincere doubts about those stats they give out. If you look at the weeks biggest posters, it doesn't reflect anything like the stats suggest. But Advertisers are likely to be impressed by the big numbers....
Bill Basore, Editor / Publisher
Legendary Cougar Magazine
Currently in the Cat House
'67 XR7 GT 390 4 speed, AC, AM FM, Lime Frost Green
'68 XR7-G 428CJ C6, Tilt-Away, AM, Black Cherry
'68 XR7-G 390 4 speed, Sunroof, Cardinal Red
'68 XR7 GT-E 427 C6 AM Cardinal Red
'68 XR7 resto mod 351W, soon to be AOD, Black Cherry

1969XR7Vert
Registered Member

Post by 1969XR7Vert » 30 Dec 2015, 20:03

xr7g428 wrote:I have some sincere doubts about those stats they give out. If you look at the weeks biggest posters, it doesn't reflect anything like the stats suggest. But Advertisers are likely to be impressed by the big numbers....
2015 State of MC.net perhaps?
G Dub wrote:...Stopped by the other site. 16700 posts, and 1980 threads since my last visit. :o
So how long had it been? Seems reasonable if it was a period of years.

Oh, and 1500 of those threads were probably mine... :buck:
Last edited by 1969XR7Vert on 31 Dec 2015, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
Isabel, the realization of a seven year long dream:

Canted--Texan on the351cforum: "One of my most impressive attributes is that.......a lot of people don't like me.....or the horse I rode in on"

1967 S Code
Registered Member

Post by 1967 S Code » 31 Dec 2015, 12:33

Seeing that this is the last day of 2015 my hat is off to Bill and all of the members of the Classic Cougar Community. Com Thanks to everyone for making this site a great place to visit each day. I hope and I 'm sure 2016 will be even better. Have a safe and Happy New Year.
Steven

Our Cougars

1967 Standard
Dan Gurney Special

6.5 Litre, Black / Black, AC Whisperaire, Am/FM, Sports Console,
Front and Rear Bumper Guards, Clock

1968 XR7-G
302 4V, Lime Frost / Black Leather, AM/FM, Black Vinyl, Tilt-A-Way
Heavy Duty Suspension, Power Disc Brakes, Rader Wheels

1968 XR7-G Hertz
390 4V, Black Cherry/ Dark Red Leather, Black Vinyl, Sunroof, Tilt-A-Way,
Cruise, Rear Defrost, AC Whisperaire