68 XR7 GTE w 427 and locker rearend

This is place to talk anything Cougar or Cougar related.
ChosenFewpops
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 Nov 2017, 13:39

68 XR7 GTE w 427 and locker rearend

#1

Post by ChosenFewpops » 28 Nov 2017, 13:49

How many all original 68 XR7 GTE with a 427 and locker rear-end still exist?

ChosenFewpops
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 Nov 2017, 13:39

Re: 68 XR7 GTE w 427 and locker rearend

#2

Post by ChosenFewpops » 28 Nov 2017, 14:42

I know of one. Bought brand new in 68 in San Jose, Ca. by my uncle. He still has it and its all original. Even has the window sticker. Wondering what is a reasonable amount to offer him for it. Or what he might expect to get if he sold it.

ccarney69
Registered Member
Posts: 554
Joined: 24 Sep 2012, 18:35
Location: Ward, Arkansas

Re: 68 XR7 GTE w 427 and locker rearend

#3

Post by ccarney69 » 28 Nov 2017, 14:52

I know of at least 1 that is in MercuryDon signature.

First of all is it registered with Jim Pinkerton in the GT-E Registry?

The value all depends on the condition, options, color etc. If its in great original shape it should be worth between 60K and 100K these days. You should get a picture of the door data plate and that window sticker and a few recent pictures. That would get you a reasonable value and we can verify whether or not it is in the REGISTRY!

Keep us posted on this car!
1968 GT-E 427 Standard Nordic Blue/Black Décor, driver
1969 XR7 R Code 4 Speed Yellow/Black Top Black Interior, current project no.1
1969 XR7 Q Code C6 Green/Black Top Dark Ivy Green Interior, current project no. 2
CCOA #8275
MACC

Cougar1
Registered Member
Posts: 331
Joined: 22 Oct 2011, 20:36
Location: Snohomish, WA

Re: 68 XR7 GTE w 427 and locker rearend

#4

Post by Cougar1 » 28 Nov 2017, 18:09

Chosen -- Please email me with information on your uncles' GT-E; need to be sure it is accounted for in the Registry (288 out of the 393 produced, so far). Thanks. Jim Pinkerton, Cougar GT-E Registrar; pinktwo@live.com
Jim Pinkerton
Cougar GT-E Registrar

cobrasc427
Registered Member
Posts: 156
Joined: 13 Jan 2012, 14:05

Re: 68 XR7 GTE w 427 and locker rearend

#5

Post by cobrasc427 » 28 Nov 2017, 18:32

Well you can count mine as the 2nd that you know of, limited slip original rear end

User avatar
propayne
Registered Member
Posts: 1305
Joined: 14 Nov 2011, 14:46
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Contact:

Re: 68 XR7 GTE w 427 and locker rearend

#6

Post by propayne » 28 Nov 2017, 18:47

Boy, I wish the magazines of the day had tested one with a limited slip.

- Phillip

User avatar
7.0 Litre Kid
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 203
Joined: 05 Mar 2014, 09:08
Location: Utah

Re: 68 XR7 GTE w 427 and locker rearend

#7

Post by 7.0 Litre Kid » 28 Nov 2017, 19:07

ChosenFewpops wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 13:49
How many all original 68 XR7 GTE with a 427 and locker rear-end still exist?
1 of the 3 has a factory 3.50.1,
Funny it’s the only car of the 3 that has “factory “ headrests!
Maybe Ford,Lincoln Mercury decided it was mandatory,,lol


1 pegleg
1 has 3,50.1 T-Lok (my modification)

User avatar
fordnutz
Registered Member
Posts: 703
Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 16:07
Location: Delta, BC, Canada
Contact:

Re: 68 XR7 GTE w 427 and locker rearend

#8

Post by fordnutz » 28 Nov 2017, 20:33

7.0 Litre Kid wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 19:07
ChosenFewpops wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 13:49
How many all original 68 XR7 GTE with a 427 and locker rear-end still exist?
1 of the 3 has a factory 3.50.1,
Funny it’s the only car of the 3 that has “factory “ headrests!
Maybe Ford,Lincoln Mercury decided it was mandatory,,lol


1 pegleg
1 has 3,50.1 T-Lok (my modification)
I think I know this car. I know two of the previous owners and wish it was my cat. Now black exterior, right?
Thanks, Scott Ferguson
President, Fordnutz Cougar Club
E-mail President@Fordnutz.org
Visit the Fordnutz Cougar Club on the web http://www.fordnutz.org
Past Chairman, Cascade Cougar Club
http://www.CascadeCougarClub.com
Past Chairman, Cougar Club of America
http://www.cougarclub.org


User avatar
7.0 Litre Kid
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 203
Joined: 05 Mar 2014, 09:08
Location: Utah

Re: 68 XR7 GTE w 427 and locker rearend

#9

Post by 7.0 Litre Kid » 28 Nov 2017, 20:55

fordnutz wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 20:33
7.0 Litre Kid wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 19:07
ChosenFewpops wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 13:49
How many all original 68 XR7 GTE with a 427 and locker rear-end still exist?
1 of the 3 has a factory 3.50.1,
Funny it’s the only car of the 3 that has “factory “ headrests!
Maybe Ford,Lincoln Mercury decided it was mandatory,,lol

1 pegleg
1 has 3,50.1 T-Lok (my modification)
I think I know this car. I know two of the previous owners and wish it was my cat. Now black exterior, right?
Correct Scott


I now have a Trailer queen, a Nice Driver,and a used original example.
Last edited by 7.0 Litre Kid on 03 Dec 2017, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fordnutz
Registered Member
Posts: 703
Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 16:07
Location: Delta, BC, Canada
Contact:

Re: 68 XR7 GTE w 427 and locker rearend

#10

Post by fordnutz » 28 Nov 2017, 21:15

Glad that car found a great home.
Thanks, Scott Ferguson
President, Fordnutz Cougar Club
E-mail President@Fordnutz.org
Visit the Fordnutz Cougar Club on the web http://www.fordnutz.org
Past Chairman, Cascade Cougar Club
http://www.CascadeCougarClub.com
Past Chairman, Cougar Club of America
http://www.cougarclub.org


Post Reply