NEW! Photo Gallery plus an easier way to add images!

This is place to talk anything Cougar or Cougar related.
xr7g428
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NEW! Photo Gallery plus an easier way to add images!

Post by xr7g428 » 10 Sep 2019, 20:17

Good question Randy. I will consult Jay and see if something has changed
Bill Basore, Editor / Publisher
Legendary Cougar Magazine
Currently in the Cat House
'67 XR7 GT 390 4 speed, AC, AM FM, Lime Frost Green
'68 XR7-G 428CJ C6, Tilt-Away, AM, Black Cherry
'68 XR7-G 390 4 speed, Sunroof, Cardinal Red
'68 XR7 GT-E 427 C6 AM Cardinal Red
'68 XR7 resto mod 351W, soon to be AOD, Black Cherry

jays
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jays » 11 Sep 2019, 09:30

CATHOUSE wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 18:45
Okay, for starters just so you know tech is not my thing. I just tried to put some photos in the gallery. The instructions say that anything up to 5MB is no problem but when I go to the "Add photos" part it now says that 2MB is the limit. When I tried to load the photo I get a message that says "Picture 17541.jpg exceeds the file size limit of 2MB". So did the size limit change? Or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95
Randy, I'll add this to my to-do list and get back to you.
It's not a bug. It's a feature.

jays
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jays » 11 Sep 2019, 10:42

The file size setting was at the default, 2MB. I changed it back to 5MB and it appears to be working now.

Randy, if you could try uploading image 17541.jpg again and let me know if it works now, that would be helpful.

CATHOUSE
Registered Member

Post by CATHOUSE » 11 Sep 2019, 18:50

Jay,
I just tried it again and I believe that it has now worked. I did get a success notice. I only did the one photo to make sure it worked. You can check my gallery to see if you see the photo. If it did work then I will have to get busy adding more photos to it. Thanks for your help.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

jays
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jays » 12 Sep 2019, 09:48

CATHOUSE wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 18:50
Jay,
I just tried it again and I believe that it has now worked. I did get a success notice. I only did the one photo to make sure it worked. You can check my gallery to see if you see the photo. If it did work then I will have to get busy adding more photos to it. Thanks for your help.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95
I looked for your gallery, but it seems you don't have anything in a public gallery. Maybe it's in your private gallery, which is only visible to you (but can be used for signature images, for example)? To see if that's the case, open the Gallery while logged in, and on the Albums page, see if "Private" is selected and contains the image you uploaded. Check that drop-down to see if there are other albums, and if so, if they contain any images. You can change the album an image is in by editing the image. If you need to add an album, click the Add Images link in the toolbar, where you'll find a button to add an album regardless of whether you are adding an image or not.

CATHOUSE
Registered Member

Post by CATHOUSE » 12 Sep 2019, 22:00

Jay,
Okay I followed your instructions. Private is selected however it is the only option. I see no way to make it public. The image that I uploaded is visible when I open that album. I did not see any other albums. Thank you for your help. Next step add more photos to the gallery and then learn how to post them to a thread. I might join the 20th century yet.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Al Bundy
Registered Member

Post by Al Bundy » 13 Sep 2019, 07:55

CATHOUSE wrote:
12 Sep 2019, 22:00
Jay,
Okay I followed your instructions. Private is selected however it is the only option. I see no way to make it public. The image that I uploaded is visible when I open that album. I did not see any other albums. Thank you for your help. Next step add more photos to the gallery and then learn how to post them to a thread. I might join the 20th century yet.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95
You have to create another album as Jay said. That one will be public. The new album will appear on the drop down menu.
1974 Dodge Dart - daily driver
1963 Thunderbird Z code - raven black/red
1968 XR7 F code - diamond blue/blue
1968 XR7 J code - black/red
1968 J code - madras blue/aqua
1968 XR7 X code - lime frost/dark ivy gold
1968 GT-E XR7 W code prototype no. 500033 - cardinal red/black

Chuck
Registered Member

Post by Chuck » 13 Sep 2019, 08:29

OK, here goes...

Looks like it works!

Yep! Got it!!!

Nullum gratuitum prandium

jays
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jays » 13 Sep 2019, 09:39

CATHOUSE wrote:
12 Sep 2019, 22:00
Jay,

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95
To make an image in your Private album public, you must move it to a public album. To do that, you must first create a public album as noted above if you don't already have one, then edit the image by clicking the image to select it, click the Edit button to open the Edit dialog box, use the album drop-down to change it to a public album.

CATHOUSE
Registered Member

Post by CATHOUSE » 13 Sep 2019, 20:38

Okay, I went through part of the process of adding an album. I still only see "Private" as an option. Perhaps though if I were to complete the whole process of adding an album then "public" may become an option. For right now though my question is does it really matter if it is private or public? My main reason for placing photos in an album is so that I will be able to add those photos to posts that I make on the forum.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95