Parts that need to be reproduced

List your parts needs here! Please include your location and contact information.
427XR7
Registered Member

Parts that need to be reproduced

Post by 427XR7 »

I know there was a prior thread on this topic. I can't seem to find it and it may have been started on the "old country" forum. Anyway....

How about reproducing the 67-70 FE manual transmission bell housing? The one with the giant 'Z". They're silly money and sell instantly when listed. Seems like an easy casting to do.

Paul68xr7
Registered Member

Re: Parts that need to be reproduced

Post by Paul68xr7 »

A complete under dash harness would be nice, I talked to Vic about it a few years ago. At the time it was cost prohibitive for me to have it done, but maybe other would like one as well.

Don Rush
Registered Member

Post by Don Rush »

It would be close to $2000 for that harness and someday when all the $600 looms are gone we will have to cross that bridge.

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/s ... attribs=76

TheRktmn
Registered Member

Post by TheRktmn »

Paul68xr7 wrote:
07 May 2020, 10:43
A complete under dash harness would be nice, I talked to Vic about it a few years ago. At the time it was cost prohibitive for me to have it done, but maybe other would like one as well.
If you have one Randy at Midlife Harness Repair and Restoration can make it good as new. http://midlifeharness.com/
Bob

CCOA Member #8195
'69 Cougar XR7, 460/C6. Caution: This car fitted with optional Caution Fan Sticker option!
Internet Rule #6: Never confuse post count with expertise

Tachometers, Voltmeters, Plug & Play Headlight and Horn relay kits and more modernized innovations at
Rocketman's Classic Cougar Innovations: http://www.rccinnovations.com

I am usually parked at The Curb: http://www.thecurb.org

Paul68xr7
Registered Member

Post by Paul68xr7 »

Don,
I remember the cost being in that price range.

Bob,
I have a grade A one on my shelf right now, it's the third one I have had to buy since I have owned my car. First two burned up from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid. I have one left over, traded the other one to someone who need parts. Thanks for the information about getting one re-done, I saw posts for him after the last fire, I will definitely reach out to him if I need another one.

Paul

68 hertz
Registered Member

Post by 68 hertz »

Hello , Paul what was the source of the problem that burnt up the wires. Thanks
Randy ,Syracuse NY

Paul68xr7
Registered Member

Post by Paul68xr7 »

The previous owner cut up the wire harness to install 2 computer fans as the "defroster" and other lights, radio. He had removed all of the A/C components, heater, etc. so when I started my renovations, I somehow ended up shorting out the harness causing the first fire. The second time was after I had updated to the pertronix setup, the coil caused the tach wiring to get extremely hot. I disconnected the coil to start troubleshooting and ended up knocking my circuit tester prong into the fuse box, which caused the second fire.

427XR7
Registered Member

Post by 427XR7 »

How about reproducing the 67-70 FE manual transmission bell housing? The one with the giant 'Z

428cougarguy
Registered Member

Post by 428cougarguy »

How about a XR7 4 speed console top pad? They make the complete 1967 Mustang console new, seems like it would be easy to do just a top pad for Cougars...