1970 Cougar XR-7 Factory Wheel Covers

List your parts for sale here for free. All ads must have price, location, and contact information.
jdk70xr7vert
Registered Member

1970 Cougar XR-7 Factory Wheel Covers

Post by jdk70xr7vert » 02 Dec 2019, 16:51

I've had these carefully packed in a box for about 10 years and likely will never use them, so I decided to let them go to someone else that needs them. For sale is a full set of four very very nice factory original wheel covers. All four have the original stickers on the inside - part number ED DOWA 1130. Three of four stickers are dated 5 6 70. My bet is that these are actually NOS covers given I can see no evidence that they have ever been mounted, but I cannot guarantee that. All emblems are perfect and the chrome on all is near perfect with some very very minor shelf wear on the inside of the outer rings of chrome, which may buff out. The satin black is pretty much perfect on two covers, one (lower right) could use a respray on the inner black circle only where a little paint is missing (no scratch) and one cover (lower left) has a few bare spots on a few of the ribs (no scratches on the bare chrome here either). With the right paint and a little effort, all bare spots could be easily made to look new. I saw a set sell on this site a couple of months ago for $500. Not sure but I expect these are of similar quality from what I saw, so I've decided to ask the same $500.00 + the ride. I'm happy to send pictures of individual wheel covers to anyone who is interested. PM or email me for any questions you may have or additional pictures. John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1970 Cougar XR7 Convertible, Competition Orange/Black Interior, one of one

Don Rush
Registered Member

Re: 1970 Cougar XR-7 Factory Wheel Covers

Post by Don Rush » 02 Dec 2019, 18:09

I would give a $500 in store credit as well as a prepaid shipping label. Thanks for considering!

badcatt
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: 1970 Cougar XR-7 Factory Wheel Covers

Post by badcatt » 02 Dec 2019, 18:25

Cool! Another great condition set of these wheel covers. Good luck with the sale. They should go fast.
Neal Jacobson.
1970 XR-7 White "Ginger"
1970 XR-7 Convertible Blue For Sale.
1971 XR-7 Bright Blue with Blue "Up Beat" interior For Sale.
1970 Standard 428CJ Competition Yellow The New Money Pit.
See ya on the hiways,
The political and commercial morals of the United States are not merely food for laughter,
they are an entire banquet
- Mark Twain -