Trying to find my old '69 Cougar

Of course you want an Eliminator with a sunroof (well any Cougar really). List it here and cross your fingers!
swoop1156
Registered Member

Trying to find my old '69 Cougar

Post by swoop1156 » 29 Sep 2014, 15:53

Greetings, all...

Trying to find my '69 Cougar that I had growing up as a young man with my Dad. It's been over ten years since I've known anything about the car, but here's what I have on it.

It has a reassigned VIN# of 165G2360279T.

Here's what I remember about the car:

It's original color is white, when I owned it, the color was Maroon. Dad and I installed the Eliminator side stripes on it, the center hood stripe and put a silver cats head on the front.

Black leather/vinyl? interior, expandable headrests, tilt-away steering wheel, 3-speed auto transmission, I think I remember counting bellhousing bolts or something way back and it being a C6. No clue on engine, but I want to say 351-4bbl.

Sold the car when I went into the Navy and never should have (sold the car, that is). Last known location for the car was in SouthEast Michigan.

I'll add some pictures in here and man -- if there's ANYTHING any of you may be able to help me out with, please let me know. Even if someone here has the car, knows the car or whatever, even if not for sale.

Thanks much!

CATHOUSE
Registered Member

Re: Trying to find my old '69 Cougar

Post by CATHOUSE » 30 Sep 2014, 08:16

Have you checked with Phil Parcells to see if the car is registered with the CCOA National database? That should be the first step anyone makes when trying to find a specific Cougar.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

BossElim69
Registered Member

Post by BossElim69 » 30 Sep 2014, 10:04

I've never seen that Cougar here in MI. You can also try contacting John Bauman as he has sold parts to most Cougar owners in MI. johnsclassiccougars.com
Brian Carpenter, President CATS classic Cougar club
67 Cougar road course racer
67 Cougar project car
67 Cougar GT
68 XR7-G trailer queen restoration.
68 Restomod
69 Boss 302 Eliminator
69 XR7 390 survivor
69 XR7 428CJ 4spd
69 standard convertible
70 Boss 302 Mustang
1993 Harley Davidson
2004 F250 diesel
2004 Jeep Overland 4.7L H.O.
78 Ford F 150 Ranger
08 Cobalt SS

swoop1156
Registered Member

Post by swoop1156 » 30 Sep 2014, 12:59

CATHOUSE wrote:Have you checked with Phil Parcells to see if the car is registered with the CCOA National database? That should be the first step anyone makes when trying to find a specific Cougar.
Randy, I have contacted Phil and there's no record of the car from my ownership or whomever the new owner is. As stated in the post, the dang VIN isn't what really belongs to the car... I'm at a loss, here.
BossElim69 wrote:I've never seen that Cougar here in MI. You can also try contacting John Bauman as he has sold parts to most Cougar owners in MI. johnsclassiccougars.com
We actually bought the stripe kits from JCC. My parents contacted him (I think) and he has nothing.

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Cougar1
Registered Member

Post by Cougar1 » 01 Oct 2014, 03:45

It is a long-shot, but have you contacted the insurance company that insured the car for you back then? We've found more than one Cougar this way. Especially if you happen to have the "same" insurance company now, as then, they never destroy the past history for a current customer. Also, why the "assigned" vin number?
No title, etc to transfer. You might be able to reverse the flow to see what MI has on file under the assigned number. You are, of course, looking for the factory vin number; from there we may be able to find the car.
Jim Pinkerton
Cougar GT-E Registrar