Wanted 67 XR7 auto.

Of course you want an Eliminator with a sunroof (well any Cougar really). List it here and cross your fingers!
pgkiser@gmail.com
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Wanted 67 XR7 auto.

Post by pgkiser@gmail.com »

Had a new XR7 GT as a new Army Officer in 67. It's time to return to my youth. I'm in Az for 2 more weeks, then Montana 5 months, back to Az in Oct for the winter.

Wouldn't you know as soon as I'm in Montana Autotrader has a 67 standard in Phoenix. Not and XR7, but auto, a/c, same family driver for 20 years. 2 car guy friends inspected and approved the car. Numbers are a match with the title, repaint to gunmetal gray. A long weekend detailing and I'll have a good driver for our weekend cruise scene in Mesa, Az. next winter.
Last edited by pgkiser@gmail.com on 14 May 2020, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.

pgkiser@gmail.com
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Wanted 67 XR7 auto.

Found a 67 standard, auto, a/c on Autotrader.

pgkiser@gmail.com
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Found and bought.

GavinS
Registered Member

Post by GavinS »

🐾
Congratulations on your new cat!

Please share photos once you are able to. There are a lot of great Cougar enthusiasts in Arizona and many that travel there annually for the events that surround the Barrett Jackson Auction week each year.

Do you have vintage photos of your previous 1967 Cougar? Any details about the car and especially if you have the VIN number to see if it still is in existence today.

www.CougarClub.org
🐾
Gavin Schlesinger
1968 XR7 428 CJ - Lime Frost
1968 XR7 427 GT-E - Wellington Blue
1968 XR7 427 GT-E - Cardinal Red
www.cougarclub.org

Vist me on Facebook.
Stray Cats Mercury Cougar Club

pgkiser@gmail.com
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

I'll eventually post some pictures of my new purchase. Still looking for 67 XR7 GT. I have some pictures somewhere. I have no serial #s, it was a burgundy/burgundy, auto, no a/c that I put ET mags on the day I purchased it. 3 years later during an early morning bar closing snow storm I hit a light post at the A pillar. We replaced the left fender, door, and unibody frame floor and dash section from a perfect car I found in Seattle. We drove the car hard for 2 more years, then traded at a Bozeman Chevy dealership. Dad had a Gold and White XR7 at the same time. Both cars were purchased in Great Falls, Montana, from Don Regal Lincoln Mercury. As new members do we get a membership list. I would like to find members in Montana this Summer and Phoenix next winter. It seems to be an insurmountable task to go looking through 4000 memberships. Is anybody out there?

GavinS
Registered Member

Post by GavinS »

Have you checked out www.CougarClub.org to become a member of the CCOA?

Once you become a member of you reach out to Charlie via email membership@CougarClub.org he can put you in contact with members in both states.

🐾
www.CougarClub.org
🐾
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gavin Schlesinger
1968 XR7 428 CJ - Lime Frost
1968 XR7 427 GT-E - Wellington Blue
1968 XR7 427 GT-E - Cardinal Red
www.cougarclub.org

Vist me on Facebook.
Stray Cats Mercury Cougar Club

pgkiser@gmail.com
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Thanks for the imput. At this stage everything is helpful. I think this will help a lot. Phil