1969 s- code conv.4 speed Cougar

Free Cougar Classifieds! You need to provide three things to list your car here: Price, location, and contact information. It's okay to ask for best offers, but all ads must include an asking price.
bos302

1969 s- code conv.4 speed Cougar

Post by bos302 » 07 Jan 2018, 19:27

Hi , I picked this car up a little while ago. I was thinking about parting it out but after getting the Marti report this car needs to be put back together. The car is put away in storage for the winter. I have a few photos of it but they are very basic. If you are seriously interested I'll drive down and get some good photo's. The car is a 1969 XR-7 conv. one of the first 40 built, Medium Green paint with white leather buckets/ back components. It was a Introductory Show Unit in Ft. Lauderdale. It has Black power top , power windows, Console, Power steering, Power disc brakes, Tilt steering , Air cond., Am/Fm , Tinted glass, Deluxe Belts, Heavy Duty Batt., Door edge guards. Styled steel wheels , front bumper guards. I'll try and post the photo's I have of it... Some one started to fix the rust . They put in full length floors , inner rockers torque boxes and 1/4's. It need's trunk floors and outer wheel houses , the seat risers and to clean up some of their work. The rest looks good. It is missing the radio and the spare tire. The motor and tranny are out of the car. The motor was rebuilt and did run on a stand the 4 speed has the vin on it and was rebuilt as well I do not know who did the work but that's what I was told and I did hear it run. They built 42 with the 390 and 4 speed. the price is 12,000.00 OBO . Here's my cell number 651-785-3997 I'm just south of St.Paul MN.

Leroy R
Registered Member

Re: 1969 s- code conv.4 speed Cougar

Post by Leroy R » 10 Jan 2018, 12:04

Sounds like an interesting car, looking forward to seeing some pictures.