Heading for Dearborn "Ginger's great advanture"

This is the place for your Cougar adventure stories. Do you drive your Classic Cougar? Tell us about it!
MrEos
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Heading for Dearborn "Ginger's great advanture"

Post by MrEos » 07 Jun 2017, 22:09

That's cool that you went by your old home. My paternal grandparents lived in Muskegon Heights when I was a grade-schooler. Thought about trying to find their house but was too young to remember where to even start looking.

We might have to add a day to our trip home and catch all of the great places you've found. The Mackinac bridge was about the only thing we pre-planned.

badcatt
Registered Member

Post by badcatt » 08 Jun 2017, 23:21

Will, I am in Dearborn. This has been a fun trip getting here. I don’t know how it can get any better. Oh that’s right; The 50th Anniversary show. There are a lot of Cougars parked in the Hilton Double tree inn’s parking lot, from all over. The pictures will be great. But let me get you here. I headed out if Indian River about 9:00 am. Again it was a nice sunny morning. I was able to use 5th gear for a long time as the speed limit on I-75 North of Saginaw is 75. As you can see here, It was a great say for a drive in Michigan.
I was not the only classic car on the freeway today.
I made a stop in Cleo for gas and found a Bob’s Big boy. So I stopped in for lunch. Note File photo.
Here in Dearborn at about 2:00 Thursday afternoon. I got checked in and moved my car to the reserved Cougar only area and parked with some good company.
It took me close to an hour to get to my room meeting people and talking Cougar and about the drive. I got the car unloaded and moved her over to the car wash area and gave her a decent washing. 45 us went out for dinner at Roman Village Cucina Italiana Restaurant for dinner Thanks to Brett Irick for putting this together. I was fortunate to get to ride with to dinner. He is very knowledgeable of Ford history and showed us quite a few locations. Unfortunately many were on the opposite side of the car from me. But here are a few shots I did get.

And a few shots from the dinner,

It was well after dark when we got back th the Double Tree, but that doesn’t stop a photographer with a fast lens and a tripod. So here are Cougars sleeping In Dearborn.

Image[/url]

Image[/url]

Well folks, I should have been in bed some time ago. I’ll post again tomorrow evening, and hopefully earlier in the day as well. It’s going to be a blast.
Neal Jacobson.
1970 XR-7 White "Ginger"
1970 XR-7 Convertible Blue
1971 XR-7 Bright Blue with Blue "Up Beat" interior
1970 Standard 428CJ Competition Yellow The New Money Pit.
See ya on the hiways,
The political and commercial morals of the United States are not merely food for laughter,
they are an entire banquet
- Mark Twain -

zman
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zman » 09 Jun 2017, 05:01

Must be the guard Cat, sleeping with one eye open. :)
Great pics, thanks for posting.
Wish I could have made it.

69 Cougar 351W 4V, FMX Auto, PS,PDB, AC
55 Ford 2dr Customline 302 4sp
06 Ford F250 SC 4x4
2012 Ford Fusion SEL
97 Arctic Cat Cougar 550 L/C
99 Arctic Cat Jag 440

snafu
Registered Member

Post by snafu » 09 Jun 2017, 09:44

Congratulations on reaching your destination Neal! I've been enjoying following along with your adventure.

badcatt
Registered Member

Post by badcatt » 09 Jun 2017, 22:15

Tonight will be more a show then show and tell. I had a great time visiting people and places. I took the tour of the F-150 plant this morning. Most of it is off limits to photographing. But I found it quite interesting watching how things go on and in. I then went to the Henry Ford. I’ll start this the way I went starting at the F-150 plant.
Now we go to the Henry Ford,
Image[/url]
Image[/url]
I hve about 100 pictures of the Cougars I took after I came back. But I’m going to skip posting them for now and go to the meat and greet.
I’m not posting Cougar pictures now due to my needing to get to bed, tomorrow will be Cougar pictures.
Neal Jacobson.
1970 XR-7 White "Ginger"
See ya on the hiways,
The political and commercial morals of the United States are not merely food for laughter,
- Mark Twain -

badcatt
Registered Member

Post by badcatt » 10 Jun 2017, 22:10

Well folks, if you are not here you are missing a Cougar gathering of a lifetime. I hear their may be over 200 cars tomorrow. But first, today we had a cruze to the Roush Museum that had 101 Cougars and 1 65 F-100 in. That’s correct, one hundred and one Cougars. It all started with a drivers meeting.
After the meeting we moved to the cars and started staging.
I picked up Don and Scott from West Coast Classic Cougar. And Don took some shots as we headed down Ford Road.
I insisted Don get a picture of this “Art car”
We arrived in force at the Roush Musiem.
Apparently someone at Ford wanted us to see something that will be up and coming. This has a Manufactures plate on it and is wrapped in something. He mostly just did a drive by.
I counted 22 1970 Cougars of that 7 were Eliminators. I then got inside the Museum
And back on the road to Northville MI for Lunch and visiting. With a group this big is can be a bit challenging to keep together.
Once in Northville the 69 and newer Cougars parked in a lot a block of of down town.
Image[/url]
I didn’t get pictures on the way back to the Double Tree, but when we got back those of us who didn’t go to the diner had a good time in the Hotel parking lot.
Tomorrow will be the biggest Cougar show ever held. I can’t wait! Come back for the next post folks. If you could not make it here I will do the best I can to show you as much of this show as I can.
Neal Jacobson.
1970 XR-7 White "Ginger"
See ya on the hiways,
- Mark Twain -

cyclonelou
Registered Member

Post by cyclonelou » 10 Jun 2017, 23:04

You are really doing a great job. Just wonderful pictures. You're making us feel we're there for those of us that couldn't make the show.Keep doing just what you're doing!

guitar74
Registered Member

Post by guitar74 » 11 Jun 2017, 14:51

Great photo documentary of your trip. My Dad lives about 5 miles from my childhood home. Next time I visit, I'm getting pictures.

badcatt
Registered Member

Post by badcatt » 11 Jun 2017, 16:04

Some teaser shots for tonight's update.
Neal Jacobson.
1970 XR-7 White "Ginger"
See ya on the hiways,
- Mark Twain -

badcatt
Registered Member

Post by badcatt » 11 Jun 2017, 21:01

I’m going to keep the dialog low tonight. I am really tired But I want the folks who could not make it here to see some of the show. I think I heard 202 Cougars and a few other numbers. But it does not matter a lot. It was just a tremendous turn out. I counted 6 GT-E’S, 10 Boss 302 Eliminators and 8 XR-7 G’s. . That is a car show in its self. Now on to the visuals…
Three versions of a White 1970 Cougar XR-7
Ginger and IO in front of FORD World headquarters.
Classic Cougars Cougar Club hosted a Pizza party after the show.
John Clor of Ford Performance stopped in to talk with us.
Image[/url]
Well, I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open. I hope all of you who could not make this enjoy the pictures. For those who were here, Congratulations on being part of this great show. I will be heading home in the morning. I will continue to make posts of my journey here until I get home. Good night all.
Neal Jacobson.
1970 XR-7 White "Ginger"
See ya on the hiways,
- Mark Twain -