Just trying to help a co worker

This is the place to kick a few tires, drink a few beers, and tell a few tales.
guitar74
Registered Member

Just trying to help a co worker

Post by guitar74 » 02 Jul 2017, 07:41

Just trying to reach out to everyone I can on this one. One of the janitors, named Carla at our company and her husband, Jeff worked at the Hapeville, Georgia Ford plant. When it closed they found themselves underemployed and as time wore on, they scaled down every bit of their lifestyle to try and make ends meet. Three years ago my nephew who manages an Advance Auto Parts store was needing help so I put the two of them in contact with one another.

Fast forward to this past Thursday when I found out after asking how things are going for him that he is very sick, in constant pain, and whatever is wrong with him, his teeth are falling out. He is not insured as slowly but surely his ability to work full time went to part time to not able to work at all and on the income that she has as a janitor she can't afford insurance, and keeping a roof over their heads, and diagnostic medicine.

I realize this is kind of in left field for a classic car forum, but I also remember when we were talking about being so "old school" that many of us talked about loving God, attending church, and meaning it.

So today I am asking those of us who do believe to put our prayers where our claims are and put Carla and Jeff up for prayers during prayer requests today.

They are a terrific couple that have fallen on some very hard times.

Thanks in advance for praying for them.

1967 S Code
Registered Member

Re: Just trying to help a co worker

Post by 1967 S Code » 02 Jul 2017, 08:17

Not a problem at all, prayers sent. Another avenue along with the prayers that might help this couple is Medi-Share. A search of the net will bring it up.
Steven

Our Cougars

1967 Standard
Dan Gurney Special

6.5 Litre, Black / Black, AC Whisperaire, Am/FM, Sports Console,
Front and Rear Bumper Guards, Clock

1968 XR7-G
302 4V, Lime Frost / Black Leather, AM/FM, Black Vinyl, Tilt-A-Way
Heavy Duty Suspension, Power Disc Brakes, Rader Wheels

1968 XR7-G Hertz
390 4V, Black Cherry/ Dark Red Leather, Black Vinyl, Sunroof, Tilt-A-Way,
Cruise, Rear Defrost, AC Whisperaire