Tired

This is place to talk anything Cougar or Cougar related.
wish
Registered Member

Re: Tired

Post by wish » 13 Mar 2018, 10:52

But since they don't come with a warning label, not everyone knows they do have documented traction issues.
Indeed I never would have guessed it after starting autocross in the BFG-R1 era I would've guessed them to be a modern compound and driven as such. Thanks for the tip.

Not sure if I need tires yet or not as I don't know how old mine are so watching this thread.

I loved the original BFG All-Terrain's on my truck and Jeeps, but the KOs quickly developed death-wobble issues well before the tire actually wore out, now to find this about the T/A has me looking for decent tires/brand again.
Just my $.02
wish
69 Cougar, That 70s Truck, 84 Cherokee Chief 2dr, 88 Grand Wagoneer, 95 Grand Cherokee,96 Mustang

zray
Registered Member

Re: Tired

Post by zray » 13 Mar 2018, 10:59

About 20 years ago I was using the BFG Traction T/A in 14" size. Those were really a great tire. So I know BFG knows how to make a decent tire for vintage cars. They just don't care about the performance side of this market anymore

Z

PS. now I'm completely enamored with the 15" Avon CR6ZZ tires .they have everything you'd want in a performance tire