North Iowa Cougar

This is place to talk anything Cougar or Cougar related.
wish
Registered Member

North Iowa Cougar

Post by wish » 10 Mar 2018, 17:19

We were at NIACC (North Iowa Area Community College) in Mason City today for a Boy Scout event and my son came and fetched me from the activity center where we were waiting for him so we could look at a Cougar in their tech shop. The shop was all locked up so all we could see was the back of it. An inch to the left and I'd have known for sure if it was a 67 or 68, but it looked to be a medium blue with no vinyl top. Hasn't been registered sine 95 (still had blue plates from the 80s on it even). Hub caps looked like XR7, but it was very dark in there so difficult to tell for sure. Looks like it's in for a freshening as a new fuel tank was strapped under it with the sending unit hanging down and the brake drums were off of the rear.

No affiliation other than visiting and in no position to see more than the rear shot of it up on the lift. I would imagine if one of the registrars contacted them they might give you the VIN to see if it's in the registry or not, but being a Sat. there was no one around to talk to about getting in.

If it's one of you guys on the board give me a buzz, we're an hour North of you.
Just my $.02
wish
69 Cougar, That 70s Truck, 84 Cherokee Chief 2dr, 88 Grand Wagoneer, 95 Grand Cherokee,96 Mustang