Wanted: 1968 Standard Hubcaps - Grade A or NOS

List your parts needs here! Please include your location and contact information.
Blitz
Registered Member

Wanted: 1968 Standard Hubcaps - Grade A or NOS

Post by Blitz » 06 Apr 2018, 14:26

Hey all,

I'm hoping to keep the factory appearance of my car intact, but it's almost impossible to find good hubcaps. I might end up going with styled steel wheels at some point, but I want to see if I can put together a great set of hubcaps before I go down that road. These are the ones with the red anodized centers with the walking cat logo, and they're almost always faded away.

Since everything on the car will be new and shiny, I'm looking for exceptionally nice ones, basically like new or NOS if possible. Rich red centers, not curbed, and black paint all intact. I know this is a tall order. Anyone holding out?

There's actually a pretty nice one on ebay right now that I might snag, but wanted to see if anyone here has a full set stashed away.

I know what you're thinking - "doesn't he work at the Cougar parts mecca?" Yes, but the hubcaps we get off of parts cars are not generally in the kind of shape I'm looking for. There's one NOS one hanging in the office but it's part of the wall display, I don't think Don wants to part with it. Here's a pic for reference:

68 std hubcap NOS (1)-1028.jpg

Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrew Chenovick
Photo/Video guy for WEST COAST CLASSIC COUGAR, INC.
Side Gig: FLYING A PHOTOGRAPHY

RIDES:
-1968 Mercury Cougar: original family owned, Polar White, 289-2V, auto, AC / "Snowball" view project thread
-1973 Opel Manta: 1.9L, 5-speed (restored)
-1991 Mazda Miata: fun driver
-1992 Volvo 240 wagon: classy hauling machine

rdefrancisco
Registered Member

Re: Wanted: 1968 Standard Hubcaps - Grade A or NOS

Post by rdefrancisco » 07 Aug 2018, 18:54

I have four, but they have XR7 emblems