GONE - Assorted Cougar Parts - Free for local pickup

List your parts for sale here for free. All ads must have price, location, and contact information.
CATHOUSE
Registered Member

Re: Assorted Cougar Parts - Free for local pickup

Post by CATHOUSE » 24 Jun 2018, 14:53

Bill,
A few things on the wiring that you can look for that will help to ID it. You can usually find some part numbers printed on the wiring and originally there were several tags that wrapped around the wiring with part numbers. You can look to see if you have the section that goes to the fuel gauge sending unit to see if it is a single plug or the larger 2 prong XR-7 style. You can look to see if it has the wiring to go to the front side marker lights. You can check the main dash piece to see if it has the plugs for the toggle switches and the oil pressure gauge. You can check to see if you have the seperate wiring piece that goes to the overhead console.

On the console the top pad is for a 67-8 XR-7. The base looks to be one for a car with factory A/C. It also looks like the top section that would be where the radio goes is broken off. A photo from the side showing the area where that white foam block is located would help. The base could be used on either a standard or an XR-7. As it sits right now it is for a car with an automatic transmission, no, I will not use Bob's special word for that car part.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

pellets4fuel
Registered Member

Post by pellets4fuel » 24 Jun 2018, 17:13

Thanks for the pics on the console. Been keeping my eye open for another standard (not XR7) 4-speed top pad. Mine is ok, and will have to do for now, but never know when one might stumble across one of those rare pieces.
David Siedschlag
#16306 1967 Lime Frost S-code, Ivy gold interior
4-speed, A/C, sports console, AM-8track.
1980 Toyota truck, woodgas powered
22re 4x4

lonestarbullitt
Registered Member

Post by lonestarbullitt » 24 Jun 2018, 17:58

Thanks for posting the pictures of the wheel moldings. I just made a large buy that threw my car budget to the limit this month. If you still have them mid July, I’ll take them off your hands.

Retcbpjp
Registered Member

Post by Retcbpjp » 25 Jun 2018, 04:18

I am interested in the wiring harness if it is for a 68 XR7. Please message me. Thanks