1967 XR-7 C-Code for sale

Free Cougar Classifieds! You need to provide three things to list your car here: Price, location, and contact information. It's okay to ask for best offers, but all ads must include an asking price.
MoJohn
Registered Member

1967 XR-7 C-Code for sale

Post by MoJohn » 09 Jul 2018, 17:43

I need to sell this great Cougar as I'm wanting to move and can't take it with me.

1967 Cougar XR-7. Has VIN code "C" (289cid 2bbl). I replaced engine with 1998 Explorer 5.0 roller cam GT40P engine with less than 70k miles on it (Old engine comes with car).

Has:
1) new aluminum 4bbl intake with new Holley 600 cfm electric choke carburetor
2) new water pump and timing cover
3) new HEI distributor with steel gear for roller cam
4) rebuilt C4 automatic transmission shifts great
5) rebuilt master cylinder and l/f wheel cylinder
6) rebuilt water pump and new thermostat
7) oil pan and pickup changed for older chassis
8) stock explorer headers run into stock single exhaust by Leon's.
9) r/b alternator
10) r/b starter
11) r/b Power Brake Booster WCCC
more new parts, but I have to go through receipts to see what else I replaced.
Car has power steering, power drum brakes, console, factory tachometer, black leather interior, newish light blue metallic paint (orig color gold). I found build sheet under mat in trunk, also. Has four original wheel covers. Front seats badly worn with new covers, rear seat looks good. New braided steering wheel cover due to wheel looking extremely poor without cover. Has 80k original miles. Have original owners warranty card, receipts and many original papers. I'm second owner. I have original engine removed from car, but it sorely needs rebuilding. I went with takeout GT40 motor instead. Car runs great and has a lot of power. Needs minor work to be in excellent condition (front headlight flippers don't work, but I flip them manually. Rear sequential turn signals work great, but you can hear electric motors when signals are on.) $7000.00 or best offer. Pink slip in hand, no smog required. Have receipts all dated within last year for ~$6500.00. Get a great deal on my labor! If a shop R&R'd the engine and did everything I've done, you'd have at least 5k in labor alone. Currently registered but on planned non-op.

9/16/16: Halfway done with electric headlight flipper conversion. Have all parts, just been slow on getting back to work on it.
9/27/16: Nose cone removed from grille, as I haven't finished electric flipper conversion yet. I have ALL original vacuum flipper parts, original engine with completely rebuilt heads - all new valves, seats, springs, retainers and keepers, etc. (Heads are not included with car, but will negotiate for those. I have just around 1000.00 in heads. They are 1966-1967 ONLY smog -type. Necessary for restoration to OEM specs.) Car drives, but needs some work to be a daily driver of any distance.

10/10/16: Purchased rebuilt brake booster and necessary hardware to install (new bushings, seals and grommets).

07/02/2018: Need to downsize desperately. Seriously, if you want it, make an offer. The worst thing I can do is say, "No thanks." See Craigslist ad - Humboldt County, CA.

Disabled Vet no longer able to work on project cars...sadly. Too many recent surgeries make it unreasonable to hang onto these cars.

Also have 1965 Mustang Coupe project car, nearly done. Lots of work done on it, new trunk, lower quarter panels, rt frt inner fender, FRPP X-302 engine with 0 miles/hours, all original owner docs, manual, etc.....make reasonable offer

DaveK
Registered Member

Re: 1967 XR-7 C-Code for sale

Post by DaveK » 10 Jul 2018, 06:30

For those interested, here is the ad: https://humboldt.craigslist.org/cto/d/1 ... 57717.html

badcatt
Registered Member

Post by badcatt » 10 Jul 2018, 08:19

Here are a few pictures from the add.

Neal Jacobson.
1970 XR-7 White "Ginger"
1970 XR-7 Convertible Blue
1971 XR-7 Bright Blue with Blue "Up Beat" interior
1970 Standard 428CJ Competition Yellow The New Money Pit.
See ya on the hiways,
The political and commercial morals of the United States are not merely food for laughter,
they are an entire banquet
- Mark Twain -

Wendy0563

Post by Wendy0563 » 10 Jul 2018, 19:39

Asking price? Pics?

MoJohn
Registered Member

Post by MoJohn » 11 Jul 2018, 12:06

See above