1971 Mercury Cougar XR7 Coupe For Sale

Free Cougar Classifieds! You need to provide three things to list your car here: Price, location, and contact information. It's okay to ask for best offers, but all ads must include an asking price.
XR7

1971 Mercury Cougar XR7 Coupe For Sale

Post by XR7 » 13 Feb 2018, 12:03

I am in the middle of doing a lot of upgrades/additions to the car. It has a 351 Cleveland engine that has a new aluminum Edelbrock intake, 650 cfm Edelbrock carburetor, distributor, coil, plugs and wires, starter, and high-end Scott Drake valve covers and air cleaner. We had it running pretty well, but I would recommend having it re-timed and maybe adjust the carb a bit. The XR7 floor mats are new to spruce up the interior. I am half way through installing new chrome wheel lip mouldings (rears are done), and re-painting the inner part of the wheels and installing new black cat center caps (rears are done). (Front wheel lips and center caps are included.) I've installed all new LED bulbs around the car, but the wiring needs to be upgraded a bit to support them. I have all of the necessary parts (about $300.00 worth) to get them working. They work but have no turns or stops. According to the upgrade info from WCCC, the turn lights will be sequential. The paint could use a cleaning and waxing. It's not a show car, but it definitely turns heads and gets a lot of questions. An official Marti Report is also included. The listed price is much less than what I have into it. Car is garaged in Eau Claire, WI. $8,250.00 Message me if interested.
C1.jpg
C2.jpg
C3.jpg
C4.jpg
C5.jpg
C6.jpg
C7.jpg
C8.jpg
C9.jpg
C10.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zman
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: 1971 Mercury Cougar XR7 Coupe For Sale

Post by zman » 13 Feb 2018, 18:50

Looks nice.
What kind of shape is the underside in.
69 Cougar 351W 4V, FMX Auto, PS,PDB, AC
55 Ford 2dr Customline 302 4sp
06 Ford F250 SC 4x4
2012 Ford Fusion SEL
97 Arctic Cat Cougar 550 L/C